Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anything in particular you'd like to know?? Its got around 6500 miles on it, bought it used from a dealer this fall at 4700$... Thought it was a decent deal so i took it. Have ridden it all of about 10 miles and i really like it so far, seems comfortable and i dont have any complaints except maybe needs new sprockets and a chain, and my wrists get a little sore while riding, which is probably normal untill i ride for a bit.. Oh its a 600 if you cant see the graphic... My first streetbike as well.. and the ten miles put on i've done a few wheelies too.. :D Used to ride dirtbikes a lot so clutch control is essential and it cool to criss cross things from two sports.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
spitz said:
Anything in particular you'd like to know?? Its got around 6500 miles on it, bought it used from a dealer this fall at 4700$... Thought it was a decent deal so i took it. Have ridden it all of about 10 miles and i really like it so far, seems comfortable and i dont have any complaints except maybe needs new sprockets and a chain, and my wrists get a little sore while riding, which is probably normal untill i ride for a bit.. Oh its a 600 if you cant see the graphic... My first streetbike as well.. and the ten miles put on i've done a few wheelies too.. :D Used to ride dirtbikes a lot so clutch control is essential and it cool to criss cross things from two sports.
Welp, when you go to replace the chain and sprockets..get a DID rivet type chain, and go with steel sprockets, as the light weight aluminium get chewed up pretty quick...and go eaasy on them wheelies..;)

And yup, I could tell it was a 600...:p

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K, thanx for the advice, i was looking into alum. too so good thing you caught me.. Do you use oring chains as well i presume??

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
spitz said:
K, thanx for the advice, i was looking into alum. too so good thing you caught me.. Do you use oring chains as well i presume??
I like the DID x ring..I think the model is EVR II..it's the top of the line chain, costs a bit more, but well worth it imho..

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alrighty, sounds good, i'll look into those types, maybe even gear a bit for more acceleration..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts