Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a new bike. It's been several years since I've ridden and I'm looking for a middleweight everyday sportbike, but I'm fairly short (about 5'5") so I need something with a fairly low seat height. Any suggestions? My last bike, several years ago, was a Suzuki GS500, but I'd like a little more power and a little sportier bike.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Check the ZZR600 by Kawi, very low seat, good power, good wind protection, nice bike. Not an up to date race replica but a solid bike at a good price for a sporty middle weight. Used ones (was called the zx600e upto 2 years ago) in great condition can be found for 3-4.5 k also. New ~7k MSRP.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Might also want to check out the new F4i for this year, because they went back to the single seat. I have an F4 which has the single seat, and I am only 5'7"...feels nice to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am 5'3 and I ride a Suzuki GSXR-600. Every bike that I have ever tried to ride I could never touch the ground. Most bikes now have about a 31-32 inch seat height. I had to buy the lowering kit and drop it about 2 inches in the back and 1 1/2 in the front and I still can barely flat foot the ground. If you are 5'5 you should be fine as long as you buy a lowering kit (or straps, whichever you prefer).

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I wouldn't recommend straps for the street, many people don't even recommend them for drag racing where they at least make sense. It's like adding a TON of preload in the front and handling will SUCK and likely be downright dangerous.

:2cents:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts