Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm lookin for my next bike and I've narrowed it down to three. My previous bike was an 05 636 and All of my friends own Jap 4's so i need somethin that will keep up with them. I am lookin at an 04 Ducati 749, 2007 Buell XB-12R, or an 06 R6. I really don't know which bike to choose because I love them all but can only afford one. I do want to stand out from all my friends but I love the new look of the R6. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Vash said:
So how come you cant catch them on the 636?
My thoughts exactly.

Are you trying to keep up with them physically or metaphorically ie: gotta have the latest model bike???

If it's the first one, sink some money into lessons instead of a new bike. :2cents:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry if what I said was confusing. I had no problem running with them on my 636 but what I was saying is that my next bike still needs to be able to keep up.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
oh. well then get any sportbike from the past 5 years. I'm pretty sure the duc will be something you will have to spend tons of time maintaining, and while the buel is probably less so, I'm still suspicous of its mechanical resilience....

What happened to the 636?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya that was my main concern with the duc. And the 636 started having alot of small things go wrong with it so i decided to sell it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
OK seriously here's what I have to say, I don't know about the ducati much or the r6. but I do know that the buell xb12r is not what you want. I love buell, I like the looks, the sound, and pretty well everyting else. But the 5 speed transmission is a bad idea. If you want a buell go for the 1125r or not at all. But in your case I think the best choice is the R6. atleast my 2:2cents:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
eh, dislike the buell for whatever reason you'd like, they are certeinly not my favorites, but the five gear tranny should suit them just fine. With the wired powerband of the v twin, there is no need for six gears. You get into the same situation as the SV's, they got a gear they dont need.

·
Registered
43 Posts

The only reason I say that tranny is bad is because it harly and it revs overly high on the highway try riding one and see if you like the sound they make on the highway at 100km or 60mph it's to much...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts