Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this pic on another forum. Was taken in Barcelona. Kawasaki dealer allegedly said that a new 250cc bike is headed for the market. I don't doubt that it'd come Down Under (huge market for 250's down here), but I wonder if you guys will get it, too???

Gotta say, the wheels make it look more 125-ish than 250. :2cents:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Honestly with the kind of 250's we get out here, that will be a welcome addition, regardless of the wheels.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I'd really like to see that make it stateside. (it never will). The Ninja 250 we have is unchanged since it's 1988 introduction!

My wife would really like one of those.

·
Registered
149 Posts
if that is a 2008 250 my wifes gonna be pissed!!! that looks alot more modern than the circa late 80's 2007 that we bought a couple months ago!!!

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw those pic's, too, but could only be stuffed posting one. ;)

This is the sort of stuff that miiiiiiiight bring newb's back to smaller cc bikes. However, with the Yank attitude of, "It's my god-given right to splatter myself all over the road if I so wish," I think they'll only sell a handful of them over there.

The kids down here will go nuts for it, though! :thumb:

·
Registered
258 Posts
CRAP! They'd better wait to release it here 'till I offload my wifes '05 250, otherwise, we'll never sell it. Shit, now she's gonna want that one and start all over again!!!!

:finger: :finger: :finger:

Actually, I think that would be a huge hit here in the Land of All Things Blingy, as most newbs want something that Looks cool, and that little thing does look decent after 20 years of the same old crap!:thumb:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
how many times can they re use the same old headlight?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Vash said:
how many times can they re use the same old headlight?
Give em props for recycling. Even more props for finally updating the damn thing

·
Registered
165 Posts
I don't know, it looks like I could still have a fair bit of fun on it, depending on it's weight.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Damn 250cc Ninja!!!

Now my wife is sure she will be completely satisfied with the new styling of the 250cc Ninja and thinks it is economically a better decision to purchase it, rather than take my 600cc and me get the ZX10R.(which is also completely redesigned and looks bad ass!!) She also commented on the size of the wheels and tires though! They look very moped-esque!

·
Registered
34 Posts
zxrider said:
I'd really like to see that make it stateside. (it never will). The Ninja 250 we have is unchanged since it's 1988 introduction!

My wife would really like one of those.
It is comming stateside as far as I'm aware, around $3500 I think. It's all on the Kawasaki site.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: Damn 250cc Ninja!!!

ninjabully said:
She also commented on the size of the wheels and tires though! The look very moped-esque!
Rear tire size is 130/70 17. I'm getting one for my wife when I can. It's going to look funny next to my zx-14 and it's 190 on the back lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've also heard that there will be a line of performance parts for this bike available direct from Kawasaki. Anyone have more info on this? I can't seem to find the page where i read that.
I'm new to riding, and would love to get onto this 250 for a first bike instead of a 600, but the lack of performance parts has me really leaning more towards the 600 anyway.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was under the impression that everyone took those off immediately after the first ride home.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
The exhaust is better looking than the one on the new 10r

1 - 20 of 23 Posts