Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got mine the other day, and i love this bike! ONe thing though, I have trouble starting this puppy up without giving it a little throttle. I'm thinking that since this is a new bike, I shouldn't be having this problem. Is anyone else having this problem?

------------------

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks bro. Hearing (or reading) that others deal with this kind of thing and it being normal makes me feel a whole lot better. :)

------------------

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2000 9R also needs a bit of throttle to get it started. It's carberated, not FI so that might be a reason. Another might be because you ilde setting might be too low and there isn't enough fuel in the carbs. Or there is too much vapour and not enough 0xygen. I usually need the choke to turn on the bike in the morning, even on a warm day. If I ride a long time and try to turn on my bike after a few minutes of being on, then it might not turn over the first time. My friend's 2000 R1 is the same so I don't think it's a big problem. The engine is made for high revs and crazy power not refined idling and siblime character. I guess they can tweek for only one and not the other.

My 2 forint.

------------------
--------------
DE
2000 ZX-9R Mica Black
1989 ZX600R Black

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got my 2000 ZX-6R last week,i also need to give it a little throttle to start. Your not alone.

------------------
2000 ZX-6R Firecracker Red

[This message has been edited by formgen (edited September 14, 2000).]

S

·
0 Posts
I had a lawnmower once and you had to prime it for like an hour just to get it started ?? Go figure ??

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

Adam

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have a 2000 6R... same story! Mine has almost 2,000 miles and STILL won't start without some throttle.

------------------
"I feel the need... the need for speed!"

·
Registered
32 Posts
As I said b4! It is b/c of the high compression ratio........the 9's are the same way no matter how long bike has been running. The atyio is as yoiuu know 12.8 -1
That is VERY hight for a motorcycle. So just some input to help answer your questions! Oh by the way just put a full leovinci high mount system on and painted it. Looks SWEET and I gain ALOT of Hp will whelleie in first just by rolling on the throttle no chopping it anymore!!! AND second gear came up at 5 1/2 grand and barely bounced it!!

------------------

·
Registered
873 Posts
Regarding 2000 ZX6R's Im workin on getting one to replace my fallen cycle. I want the green/black one (dont think red belongs on a kawi).

Anyone have any comments, good or bad, about the bike, and what if i may ask did you guys who have y2k models pay for them?

The local dealer here has 1 Green/Black left and its still in the crate. MSRP is $8100.00 but id like to think i could find one for less. Any help?

------------------
Fear Oil.

[This message has been edited by GreenNinja (edited October 07, 2000).]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey greenninja,

I should think you can do better than $8100 for a 2000 with the 2001's on the way. I got mine in August for $8000 OTD (taxes,freight, title, etc.) There was a thread in the kawasaki forum ("thoughts on price" or something like that) a few months back where I was able to get all sorts opinions from owners.

hope that helps - tw

------------------
Old enough to know better - young enough not to care

1 - 10 of 10 Posts