Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't posted in a while but have been reading posts regularly. Anyway, yesterday I was out riding and saw something I hadn't seen before. A guy passed me on a chromed out R1. Nothing special about that or that the guy was wearing only a t-shirt and shorts, but his helmet almost made me fall off my bike laughing. He was wearing a chrome beanie like the harley guys wear! It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Maybe I don't get out much but man, it sure was ridiculous!!!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I can just see the headlines...." The Hells Angels finally realized Harley's just aren't as bad ass as they used to be"

·
Registered
120 Posts
The chrome Nazi helmets are quite popular around here as are the purple glitter ones too that I have seen, in CT it is also popular to strap them to your seat, in NYC it is also cool to wear a full face helmet on top of your head like it is a hat, I wish I had some pics of that it looks pretty funny, I just don't know how they ride around w/ them like that with them balanced on top of their head,

the regular beanie style is also available too in chrome and sparkle and stuff, but it just doesn't have the cache that the nazi lid does so you don't see it as much,

you can see 'em here,

http://www.helmetsetc.com/details.asp?product_id=h58

notice "for novelty use only"

there a bit overpriced too, you can find them for $15 at MC swapmeets,

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
I've seen them too, what a bunch of frikkin tool boxes...

That's a new fad, basically what they are trying to say is "I can't ride, so don't push me - I'm just trying to bust a move."

:D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Lt.Gustl said:
in NYC it is also cool to wear a full face helmet on top of your head like it is a hat, I wish I had some pics of that it looks pretty funny, I just don't know how they ride around w/ them like that with them balanced on top of their head,

http://www.helmetsetc.com/details.asp?product_id=h58

notice "for novelty use only"
NO SH*T! I was eating lunch with the old lady at a local shop that has great soups and breads and such....anyway, we're on the patio and no SH*T, this guy comes riding by real slow-like on an OLD, OLD CBR (that wasn't even in that good of shape). My fiance simply said "Get a load of this friggin' guy. Are you f*cking kidding me"? I look up and damn near hat potato soup come through my nose. He was in typical squid gear; tank top (what I believe is an old pastel colored VARNE FRANCE shirt from the '80's), jean shorts, sneakers, and a helmet balanced on his head lick a friggin' circus seal. Arms locked, back straight like he's deadlifting 400lbs....MAN HE WAS COOOOOL. AND ON SUCH AN AWESOME MACHINE!. Jesus, if you're gonna look like an idiot, you may as well look like an idiot on a silver/blk R1.

Anyway, I too, thought that was funny.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I think the Ruff Ryders brought them to the sportbike scene.... enough said

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Suggest you READ the Thread.

He id NOT say a chromed Nazie helmet, but "---He was wearing a chrome beanie---". Stupid as they both are they are quite different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts