Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought of something. All the sport bike riders I hang out with seem to be all nerds... I don't know if thats just an isolated thing but I mean I hang out with about 6 different bikers and they all are computer nerds. They might not look the part, but they talk to you in C++. Btw, I'm a nerd. If you haven't figured that out yet in Boolean Logic.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Same here Jeff. If I'm not on or working on my bike, I'm infront of either my server or my gamer. I'm also always trolling the BT sites for new programs to play with.

Sepias

·
Registered
515 Posts
perhaps it's a release from your dorky ways? :twofinger

It's actually nice to hang out w/ folks who are like that though, they seem to have their head straight, instead of the squidly folks.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I am definatly a nerd. The whole nine yards, computer repair certification, was going to get my CCNA certification. All highschool I played computer games, my friends and I have xbox lan parties and pc lan parties. I wear nerd shirts that says, "Theres no place like 127.0.0.1" I built my computer, and yes, it has liquid cooling. I went and played ultimate frisbee a few days ago for fun. Riding is just my way of being a rebel. You know what else, there is something special about a convertible full of girls checking you out, and just knowing ah, I am king of my domain, I am as dorky as they come, but the ladies still want me. (Well maybe not quite that dorky, I dont wear glasses or shirts with pockets in the front.)

·
Registered
892 Posts
lol looks like it a common trait here. i am the same way. i think we ride bikes to make up for our nerdiness.:thumb:

·
Registered
76 Posts
+1, nerd here too. It does seem that the nerdier people are the ones who are still alive on our bikes...must be intelligence?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
We are just making attempts to break the nerd standards. We are rebels. Mabey I should write some binary on my bike to accent the new paint and reflect my nerdlyness....:D

Sepias

·
Registered
386 Posts
You're also failing to realize the people responding here have a higher likelihood of being nerds than sampling from a bike night... why? We're on computers right now, of course we're nerds, we're such nerds that when we're not out riding, we're sitting in our houses/offices talking on our computers about riding.

·
Registered
892 Posts
SepiasSoul said:
He rides our asses to the bank every day if thats what you mean lol.

Sepias
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know he had a 1992 lexus sedan. Somone on ebay tried to sell it as a "Historic" piece for 25 grand. Even though its worth about a 1/25 of that.

I know that my riders are all college students and I guess you can say "kids these days know electronics", but I was wondering about other people on here if its the same thing in your area. Have you noticed if the other riders you really hang out with on almost a daily basis are intuitive with electronics and pc's?

·
Registered
62 Posts
THis is true, i am a true-blue nerd as well.

But Since buying my Suzuki in february, I have learned that riding a sportbike is an easy way to bang hot chicks.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
JeffNights said:
THis is true, i am a true-blue nerd as well.

But Since buying my Suzuki in february, I have learned that riding a sportbike is an easy way to bang hot chicks.
I wish I could find that to be true lol.

Sepias

·
Registered
142 Posts
well I know I'm a nerd because I frequently stare at my bike and think how sweet it would be all black with the Imperial logo from star wars on the tank.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Surprise & disappointing to you all is the fact that I can barely operate a PC & am at loss as to what to do with my PC or how computer people even think. I have a thing for burning CDs, but do not know how to use it, even cannot put any message or what ever on the 3.5" card or the correct wording.

Of interest is the point that I was into making, what is now called, Cafe Racers, back in '49, being when some were thinking of choppers. Also cafe racers were the birth of the sportbikes in the late 80s.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts