Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering neons and was wondering what I can expect to invest in the project. I have found people that sell them but i'm not sure what lg tubes I would want or how many. I was thinking of putting them so the engine area is lit and under the rear fender.

What have people done in the past in terms of lengths and what will it cost??

Where should I order them from?

Any tricks for installation?

F4i 2001

·
Registered
69 Posts
First thing you will need is a 5 gallon gas container, fill container full with 110 octane Sonoco race fuel. Dump racefuel all over the bike you are considering putting neon lights on. Step 3 light on fire.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sweeeeeet, I can picture dude cruising down the main strip right now, blingin pink paintjob, green neon lightsabers under his bike, a nice big aluminum wing on back maybe a spinner wheel or two, no helmet, just a pair of TopGun shades, backwards Truckin baseball cap and whole lotta attitude. That's how I spell pimp!

·
Registered
306 Posts
XSuROsISX said:
Sweeeeeet, I can picture dude cruising down the main strip right now, blingin pink paintjob, green neon lightsabers under his bike, a nice big aluminum wing on back maybe a spinner wheel or two, no helmet, just a pair of TopGun shades, backwards Truckin baseball cap and whole lotta attitude. That's how I spell pimp!
we saw that dude like three weeks ago. after our sportbike hangout a few of us like to park by the clubs as they're letting out and watch the curb monkies approach us. down the road comes this dude with no gear/helmet and revving his piece of shit like there's no tomorrow...i've owned a piece of shit before, but at least i didn't try to pimp it!!!

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
XSuROsISX said:
you forgot the mickey moused radio connection with the huge woofer off the tail so you hear "BOOM, BOOM" as he rolls down the road.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Would it be fair to say you folks don't think neons are cool?:confused: :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
neons

hey bridomine, fist off i don't care for neons on my bike for the reason that i don't ride to be seen. but for whatever reason you ride is your own, and i hate fags who wanna bust your chops cause your not like them!

so cmon people keep your shit opinions to yourself, he ask some ?'s not for you opinions.

i happen to manage a car stereo store that sells neons, lite glow sells some kits designed just for sport bike, they will prob cost you arond $150 - $200 but they have lifetime warr. and have every thing you will need for install, they also will send directions to help you. good luck. if you have any further questions i would be glad to help!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Re: neons

izzybo69 said:
hey bridomine, fist off i don't care for neons on my bike for the reason that i don't ride to be seen. but for whatever reason you ride is your own, and i hate fags who wanna bust your chops cause your not like them!

Dude you know you like fags.

·
Registered
434 Posts
hey dumbass!

we have a large group of guys who ride, and we love when guys with your attitude pulls up. it reminds us how fucking lame you are, truth be known you probably can ride your bike to half its potential, but you gotta bash every one you can cause you think it makes you look cool.

i would rather have fur, and neons, than to be the guy like you that is just a wannabe dumbass!

·
Registered
69 Posts
You know, getting bashed by a guy that sucks dick for a living just makes me want to run and hide in a hole, no not that kind of hole you ass vandal. If you can tell a riders skill level by wether or not he makes fun of the rice bikers then you belong working for Sylvia Brown instead of mopping up Jizz at the local gay bar. Here's what we'll do, you post your videos of yourself riding and showing me up, then I will post mine, then we can concur who the "Big Baller" that you claim to be is, ok? :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Spoken like a typical riceboy! I know somebody who can do this, I know somebody who can do that, blah blah blah, typical pussy, untill you yourself can put up, shut up, that simple, and everybody knows the guys with the neon lights under their bikes at the track are the fastest! BWAHAHAHAHA. I wish you were here so I could shove one if those neon lightsabers you're so fond of up your ass. Goodday riceboy. :)

·
Registered
860 Posts
damn 150 bucks......
get a 20" neon tube from anywheres any brand.....then silicone the part where the circuit board and switch is.....then run the wires to a switch to your battery.......then mount the light under the bike to where it is not next to exhuast.....then there ya go instant glow......youre looking at under 40 bucks easy

·
Registered
69 Posts
bridomine99 said:

One more thing, your the one with the eclipse or talon or whatever that thing is in your photo gallery, with the bumper taken off. I drive a 1980 pickup with a lift kit and some rust, not exactly "rice".

Out
I got some flourescent lightbulbs in my garage you can tape under your truck if you wanna make it blingin like your bike! :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
neons

ya, all those are all good options, you can put neons on your bike for anywhere, from $40 - $200, but the better kits, like i said give you four tubes, they are protected by plexi tubes, and have liftime warranty, they give you all the wire, switch,everything.

so you can do what you want, i was just stating my opinion, if it were my bike i would spend a little extra and get the whole package.

p.s. you can prob get on line and find a kit cheaper

c-ya, keep on riding!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts