Sportbike World banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there with a '00+ ZX-9R, and owns a Kawasaki shop manual?

I need a copy of the wiring diagram.

I normally would have one, but I don't actually have a '00 model. :D

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi I have 2 different shop manuals for my '00 ZX-9R. My scanner just ate the dust though, so if you want to tell me what your looking for i can look it up. If you would like.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm trying to find out how different the gauge cluster connectors are.

I'm trying to install a '00+ cluster on my '98.

Both connectors are the same, just wired differently. Hopefully, all I have to do is play musical wires and I'm done.

This all started with a blown motor. Now she's got new suspension, bodywork, wheels, paint... everything. All I need is the cluster and she's back on the road.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I am looking at one of the books and all the same color of wires are going to the same position on the wiring diagrams of the '98 & '00. If the connection in the back is the same they look interchangable. If you want the specifics of which color is going where I can tell you.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
You guys, THIS kind of thread is what makes this site great! :thumb: :thumb:

My link should work?? It is very useful info. for Kawi. owners, but I think its more of a wire diagram than schematic....

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Originally posted by HondaNut!
My link should work?? It is very useful info. for Kawi. owners, but I think its more of a wire diagram than schematic....
Yeah, www.buykawasaki.com is a great site, but it's session specific, so they aren't easily shared. :(

Originally posted by DarkSide
Well I am looking at one of the books and all the same color of wires are going to the same position on the wiring diagrams of the '98 & '00. If the connection in the back is the same they look interchangable. If you want the specifics of which color is going where I can tell you.
Oo oo oo... Look on pages 15-52 through 15-55 of the '98 ZX9R manual. Can you compare these pages with the relative pages on the '00?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I have a Haynes service and repair manual for ZX9R '94-'00, and the '00 Kawassaki ZX-9R Service Manual. I was looking at the Haynes manual and comparing the wiring diagrams they look the look the same. The connector is the same? You hooked it up and it did not work?
Here are the pin #'s/colors from the '00 Kawi Manual pg.15-59 Meter circuit. 16pin connector right?
1. BK/Y
2. LG
3. R/BK
4. GY
5. G
6. BL/R
8. LB
9. R/BL
10. W
11. BR/W
12. P
13. BK/BL
15. BL
16. Y
I hope this is what your looking for :eek: . If not tell me.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, the connectors are the same. I plugged the '01 (actually) into my '98 harness and it didn't work. No lights, nothing.

I thought maybe it was broken, so I plugged it into my '00 ZX6R and everything lit up, like it's supposed to. So I'm thinking the connectors are wired differently.

Connector labels for the '00 would be helpful, since you mentioned the colors appear to be the same.

HondaNut, you have a '00 ZX9R don't you?

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to one of our members helped me out with a diagram and labels, I was able to hook power (from my PC) and light up the Christmas tree.

The needles did their little dance, and all the warning lights screamed... "WARNING! WARNING! Plug me into the bike, you idiot!"

I haven't had a chance to rewire everything yet, but the wiring is totally different between the 98-99 and 00+.

Thanks Dave. I'll try the rest of them wires. You'll be hearing from me if something blows up. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts