Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for the short message, but i'm sending this via my cell phone. i took my msf course back in 2001 i think, at occ orchard ridge. is there any super fast way i can track down another copy of my certificate? i can't ride a bike down here in Georgia on post without it. thanks, -bill 248 943 3524

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
It might be quicker for you to just take another MSF class locally.

When I was on base, they used to offer a special all day class in order to be able to ride on the base. Maybe that is not how it is done anymore.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Don't waste any more time thinking that you will be able to get a copy of your old one. Start looking for a class down there -----> up here, there are a couple of times a year that there is a special class (just for military). There most likely is a one day class down there. The class is probably right on base --- don't forget your vest!

You will NOT be able to get a copy of your card from 6/7 years ago.

Scott

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
old school said:
Don't waste any more time thinking that you will be able to get a copy of your old one. Start looking for a class down there -----> up here, there are a couple of times a year that there is a special class (just for military). There most likely is a one day class down there. The class is probably right on base --- don't forget your vest!

You will NOT be able to get a copy of your card from 6/7 years ago.

Scott
Well B it may not be the answer you want but I told ya Old School would have the answer :dunno:

·
Registered
267 Posts
four_by_ken said:
Having the endorsement on your license isnt enough?
Nope...having an endorsement doesn't mean you have had any training...remember...the course isn't a requirement to get your endorsement. All you HAVE to do is pass the written and road test to get the endorsement. All military installations require that you take a course to ride on base...my Dad used to teach it in NJ at Lakehurst Naval Base and I used to know the guy who ran it for McGuire AFB in NJ too. The safety Nazi's on base also require that you wear a bright colored vest while on post so people can see you better.... It sucks but....

I did notice that Power Trip or someone now makes a jacket that has zip out flaps that act like a vest....unfortunately it's in an Army jacket so if you are in another branch...you're screwed right now.

Justin

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
hey guys, thanks for your help. I was able to ride for an hour borrowing a friend's bike. when I come back here for Air Assault school, i'll be ready to rock and roll!

thanks again for everybody's help and speedy responses.

-Bill

edit: JR has a line of Army bike jackets, but they're not the most flattering looking. Icon makes a pretty cool Mil-Spec vest that I was looking at. It's not a big deal to ride with your PT vest here on post.

Best wishes,

-Bill

·
Registered
45 Posts
Rule #1 for AA school is forget everything you have ever been told, learned or even thought about rigging and sling loading. It is their way or the highway! :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Actually, if you gave a copy of your card to your previous insurance company they should still have it on file. You could just ask them to see if you could get a copy.

That worked for me but it was only 1 year not 5+.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Your card isn't going to help you ---- to ride on any base.

You need to have a different type of card.

PM me with the date and location of your class, and I will see if the other type of card can be issued.

lata,
Scott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts