Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Ninja EX250R, which is supposed to be a good starter bike, or so I am told. My problem is that I wrecked it already and need parts to fix it and I don't know where to start looking for parts. I may not be a very good motor cycle driver yet, but I am a decent mechanic. I still want to learn to ride and the bike still runs well, but I don't want to spend a lot of money. I want to keep this one to continue to learn on. Hopefully I won't wreck it again! I need most of the handle equipment, head light, and brake assembly. If anyone knows the cheapest way to fix my bike, I would appreciate the input.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hopefully somebody with more crash rebuild experience will add something but I hear them going to E-Bay a lot. Also check in your area for the guys who deal in parts from crashed bikes. Wish I could be more helpful.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Did someone call for a crash-rebuild expert? :D Well, not expert per se, but experienced.

First, I check out Ebay. There's also a motorcycle junkyard near Indianapolis called Cycle-Recycle (motorcycle, not bicycle). Last, I use bike-specific forums because people are parting out all the time.

To be honest, my order of preference is the forums, then Ebay, then the junkyards, but there's little rhyme or reason. You can actually do some comparison shopping this way.

For the bike-specific forum, just type in "ninja ex250r" into your friend and mine, Google, and start looking through the results. The very first one is a great example, though I'm really surprised to not see a Yahoo Group for the bike.

And aren't you glad you don't own one of the really expensive bikes, like a GSXR or R6? Just think how much more upset you'd be if you'd crashed one of those costly suckers :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts