Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New and need help and opinions getting bike this weekend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok im going to start with a used bike since it will be my first bike outside of dirtbikes and things and then i will eventually in about 2 years work my way to a brand new ninja green. So can anyone tell me what would be the best bike for the money out of the ones im about to list,

1999 yamaha R6 - $4800 5800 miles good condition and its purple

98 Honda CBR 600 F3 -$3600 and 6,000 miles on it but never been dropped
paint looks amazing perfect condition

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2002\0...-29922-200.jpg

2004 Kawasaki Ninja 636 $5500 2400 miles i dont really want to spend that much right now

do u think its possible to bring the prices down on any of thses bikes or are these good deals

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I'd go for the F3. 6k miles isnt anything to worry about. And since its a starter bike, why not go for the cheapest you can get your hands on?

Dont forget to get your gear

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
I'd go for the F3. 6k miles isnt anything to worry about. And since its a starter bike, why not go for the cheapest you can get your hands on?

Dont forget to get your gear
+1, I'm not too keen on any of those bikes as a "starter" but the F3 is the best bet if you're dead set on one of the three.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
You can work the price on the F3 some. This would be a good bike. F2, F3 and F4's (not F4i) were made to be an all around bike when they were on the market.

You can definitely work the price on the R6 a good amount. That's a high asking price for a 9 year old bike. Good condition usually means that it has been down or has some scratches from a fall over in the driveway :rolleyes:

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts