Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried the new Pilot Powers? I've heard good things about them. I have the bt014's on right now, but no shop carries them in stock and I'm getting the new tires today or the next. I'm thinking the powers or the diablo corsas. Anyone got any other suggestion?

What do you people think about changing just the rear? I think I'm just gonna change both, although the front probably has a couple thousand miles or more left.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I would match the front and rear tire. I have not tried the pilot powers because I have heard that they wear rather quickly. I chose to give the metzler sportec m-1's a try. So far I am happy with them. If you get the pilot powers let me know how they work out.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I find the M1's wear kinda quick. I have had them for 3.5-4K and the rear is showing some signifigant signs of wear.

I want to hear from someone that uses 207rr's

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
If you do Track Days &/or ride the bike darn hard then I would say match the tyres. Still for the normal rider of a sportbike just put on what you want front or rear.

I am slowly working my bike to Bridgestone BT-012 front & BT-014 rear as I prefer the best traction at the front.

Have the BT-102 on the front of my Yamaha 600r but an old stock Metzeler ME-Z2 on the rear.

The 954 is still with stock tyre of last August.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts