Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok last night i was riding and the oil light came on so i pulled over to stop and when i shifted to first gear the bike cut off and wouldnt start up. It sounded like it wanted to start but just wouldnt fire up. So today i checked the oil, it looked like it wasnt no oil at all so i put an entire bottle of oil in it and the bike fired right up. I took it to a parking lot to ride around and then the bike started to sound like the engine was losing power and then just cut off. Any ideas on what could be wrong, should i add more oil.??????This is my first bike so i dont know to much

·
Registered
67 Posts
My suggestion is to start looking for a new bike...by the time the oil light comes on it's too late most of the time and since your bike has been starved and now won't run I'm guessing there has been some internal damage done to the engine, probably bearing at a minimum are toasted at this point. I guess you can always change the oil out and see if it starts and runs but probably not for long.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Trailer it to a dealer and let them look at it. I wouldn't try firing it up again until it's been properly looked at.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I would recommend a basic engine repair/mechanical familiarization course before buying another motorcycle. Possibly your local community college offers one?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Have you had any experience with lawnmowers? Did they ever start smoking really bad all of a sudden when you're mowing the lawn?

:laughing: :laughing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts