Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. here's the deal. I've ordered some Libertek LED tail lights for my 12. I'm having a dilemma over which color I should have ordered (currently the order is for the black ones). I can't make up my mind between the black and the silver. I've got until tomorrow morning to change my mind if I want.

Here is the bike that the tail lights will be installed on:

Here are the Libertek LED tail lights in question:

Initially I was thinking about going with the Gold ones. I thought that since the 2001 12 already has some gold parts on it (ie. brake rotor inserts, upper fork tubes, muzzy steering damper mount etc.) then the gold tail lights would go well them. However, the sales guy said he didn't think it would. He said that there gold is about the same color as a fairly new penny and probably wouldn't look right.

O.K. then. I asked what he recommended. He said the black. I was thinking the silver. I thought that the black might look a little to subdued and would not stand out. But, after talking with the sales guy for a couple of minutes, I ended up ordering black.

So my question to you all. What color would you have went with for the Ol' Green 12?

Thanks guys (gals)...

It's the little things in life you know...

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I personally like the black:2cents:

·
Registered
22 Posts
go with what he said, sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I think the black is going to look out of place on that color bike. I would go with the sliver. It will flow better with the rest of the paint IMO.

I'm good at photoshop in my head.

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
I like the silver, too. I think the black would be too much of a stark contrast with the rest of the scheme.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
personally, i'd stick with the red. call me a traditionalist but i think for saftey reasons, the red even when not lit shows the driver behind you where he should be paying attention in case you, the rider, stops quick. :2cents:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think the silver looks better. As far as safety goes, just do a flash system on it. I've done one on every bike I've had, and never had any problems. Blinking lights = people seeing you. :2cents: I am thinking of putting a strobe in on the front so people can see me better at night, but I am thinking of the squidness in combination with the attention from the law enforcement personnel may not make it as good of an idea as I had originally thought. Sorry to be so off-topic! I liek the silver, damnit. :p

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
As much as I like silver, I think the black would look better on your bike. :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hey man I like the way the black looks. I think the black will be nice with the black frame and black lower fairing and black windscreen.

That's a sweet looking ZX-12R :drool: :)

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Man, we didn't help this guy out at all. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Tippmann said:
Man, we didn't help this guy out at all. :laughing:
then lets try this....

Nothing looks good on a Kawasaki. :p

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm not big on Kawasaki either, but that ZX-12 is pretty sweet. If I were you I'd go with your gut feeling as you have to pay for it and ultimately live with it........or go with the black :thumb:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Black seems like a good choice. I did a quick touch-up in photoshop for my personal viewing, and I liked the black.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
monkey said:
then lets try this....

Nothing looks good on a Kawasaki. :p
You know, i think when i get a new bike i'm going to get the Kawi 636. It's mmmm mmmmm good:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks all for you advice.....

I decided to stick with the black.

After looking at all the board where I had posed the question - I got about as many pro-black responses as I got pro-silver. However, the couple of females that responded said black. You know its hard to argue with a females color coordinations skills...

Not to mention I could easily imagine how the black would look but I was not able to get a good mental image of how the silver would work out. I guess I suck at doing mental photoshop.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
T^2 said:
I got about as many pro-black responses as I got pro-silver.
I'm a pro-black radical

T^2 said:
You know its hard to argue with a females color coordinations skills...
Well monkey's gay and he has great decorating skills:twofinger

1 - 18 of 18 Posts