Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
KLRAdam said:
I'm trying and trying really hard to drag my knee but it won't work! I spent all this money on leathers and that didn't help either.
I know exactly how you feel. I tried forever, but to no avail. Rather than spending all my money on expensive leathers, I just bought a bike that was lower to the ground. I recommend it. now that I can drag my knee, I'm really cool, and it's fun too!

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
Not that I know what Im talking about but......... You pipe with drag before your knees will, thats what it looks like in the picture anyway. You should also be moreoff the bike than you are.( as per many races I've watched on Speedvision. No one call me dumbass,Im not in the mood for this morning. Just making a sub edumacated guess

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shannon said:
Not that I know what Im talking about but......... You pipe with drag before your knees will, thats what it looks like in the picture anyway. You should also be moreoff the bike than you are.( as per many races I've watched on Speedvision. No one call me dumbass,Im not in the mood for this morning. Just making a sub edumacated guess
hang off more... like this ....

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm no expert but for what it's worth .. ..

look at your body position on your bike. Your body is more upright than your bike, in effect you are countering some of your lean angle. Try to get your body in line with the bike and get your head and shoulders to the inside of the bike as you turn.

If your body was in line with your bike your knee would probably be touching down.

I'm in exactly the same place, so I share your frustration. Going to Willow Springs in March and hope for touch down!

Peter

·
Registered
753 Posts
Paul748S said:
I'm no expert either. But I'll bet the guy in this picture could give you some pointers. Anybody know who it is?:confused:

Well if I had to pull something out of my ass, I would have to say that was you abuser.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Paul748S said:
I'm no expert either. But I'll bet the guy in this picture could give you some pointers. Anybody know who it is?:confused:
Isn't that the really effeminate Canadian guy who used to lurk on this site? What the hell was his name.....squidsomething-or-other....I think?

P

·
0 Posts
Re: Damn it!

kneedrag said:
I just got hooked by a troll, didn't I? That's what I get...:eek:
Cut the eye of the hook off and push the hook all the way through. :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
look at your body position on your bike. Your body is more upright than your bike, in effect you are countering some of your lean angle. Try to get your body in line with the bike and get your head and shoulders to the inside of the bike as you turn.

Reduc, is right. Stay square on your bike, turn your head in and stick your knee out. The first time I dropped a knee was when I wasn't trying too. If thats you on that bike, your in luck, just keep to the ruond-abouts and work on going around them fast, sooner or later your going to dropped a knee :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Kneeslider1 said:
Reduc, is right. Stay square on your bike, turn your head in and stick your knee out. The first time I dropped a knee was when I wasn't trying too. If thats you on that bike, your in luck, just keep to the ruond-abouts and work on going around them fast, sooner or later your going to dropped a knee
If what you and Reduc are saying is true, do you think I'll be able to touch my knee on the ground based on this picture? Is my body positioning correct? Man, that's just a scary thought to be draggin a knee!

Attachments

·
Registered
766 Posts
Re: Damn it!

kneedrag said:
I just got hooked by a troll, didn't I? That's what I get...:eek:
Fear not kneedrag, I too was shocked to find that there really are people with nothing better to do....;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts