Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my step dad got robbed for his bike an the robbers made him give up his titles what can we do about his bike

·
Registered
369 Posts
No contract or title transfer is valid if signed under duress. The only thing the robbers did was establish a paperwork trail that will probably get them caught. So, don't worry about the title. If the police didn't do this already, and they probably did, simply go to the DMV with the police report and have them flag the registration.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'd love to know the full story. Did they hold him at gunpoint and make him sign the title? Did they just wait around while he went and found the title? Were they actually trying to buy the bike and then not pay for it? Is it someone he knows?

Definitely go to the police. The VIN will come up stolen when they try to transfer the title.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they came to the house because my dad was trying to sell his bike, he looked at the bike for a while then he asked my dad can he hear it then he hit the throttle a couple times the pulled out a gun and said "lets go inside and get the titles and sign them" so he followed him inside to get the titles my dad signed them them he told my dad to get in the car because he is about to take a ride with them so he can go drop him off on very long and dark street to give them enough time to go hide the bike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts