Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wondering what size i need ive been rideing dirt bikes all my life and i just took the safty course but most kids were im from ride 600s and say ther not enouugh get up and go as they would like i was wondering if a 1000 would be way to much or if any body had a 1000 starting out please reply thanks:squid:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
You mean a MODERN 1000 & not an 10 or 15 yr old 1000. A few yes, but we never hear from then anymore.

I have a sort of guttless '97 Yamaha YZF600r & I scoot it on the max speed limit Mtn two lane roads of 100kph--60mph at 130 to 180kph--80-110mph without any fret & still more power if I turn up the wick.

I have a '00 Honda 929 & a '03 Honda 954 now true they are not 1000cc, but just as good as & I cannot push these latter two bikes that much faster then the OLDER GUTTLESS 600.

Lastly I like riding my 600 as much as I like riding my 929 & 954. Thing is the latter two are not that new in size for me as I have been riding 750cc to 1000cc bikes prior to those two.

So there is some thought.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I think you should get a badazz Busa. These guys will all tell you to get gear but I'd save the money for the Turbo you'll need in a few weeks after you've gotten enough practice. No more than 12PSI boost to start. Also makes a great hill climb bike. Wind 'er up to redline and don't be afraid to shift!:thumb:

I think someone's trolling, Smitty.;)

·
Registered
892 Posts
i think the guys around where u live must be nuts, unless they ride old 600's. A newer 600 will get up and go just about anywhere u want it to. If ur planning on riding around at 100mph or at the track then yeah go for a litre bike, but if u dont intend to race then a 600 is more than enough....it is for me anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts