Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to attend a track/racing school next month. I was looking at Summit Point's web page and didn't notice any schools scheduled. Dose anyone have a link to any tracks in the D.C. area that have track/racing schools.

·
Registered
492 Posts
California Superbike School has dates at VIR in Danville, VA.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Team Pro-Motion does track days and schools at Summit and VIR. I believe Jason Pridmore's STAR schools operate there too. There are others.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
kvpZX9R, how do you like Hollaman? I was stationed there from 1996 to 1998, I found that place to be a big sh!t hole, the only thing I liked out there was riding up the though Cloudcroft and drink in Mexico.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey - I'm from the DC area also (Fairfax). I couldn't find many schools around here. I am however going to attend the CLASS school at Pocono on Aug 5,6. That was the closest place I could find and its still about 3.5 hours away.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Kneeslider1 said:
kvpZX9R, how do you like Hollaman? I was stationed there from 1996 to 1998, I found that place to be a big sh!t hole, the only thing I liked out there was riding up the though Cloudcroft and drink in Mexico.
I hate that place. That's why I have "PCS Me" in my sig line. THe state has recently repaved the road from Cloudcroft to Sunspot. So now there's about a 25 mile stretch of perfect twisty road.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you can man, PCS to RAF Lakenheath in England, it's sportbike heaven over there. There is sportbike everywhere over there :) I wish I could go back. I'm now at Andrews AFB, near D.C. and this is a bigger sh!t hole that Hollaman. The D.C. area has to be the worst place to live in the whole US.

Good Luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
VIR is the best track around, although kinda far from DC. Summit points Jefferson circuit is very busy and not very fun to ride. Its got alot of asphalt patches mid corner that dont give much confidence. Pocono is pretty bad too. I recommend renting a trailer and hauling ass down to VIR. Theres TONS of bike track days, either thru schools or NESBA.

check out www.nesba.com

www.virclub.com

www.cornerspeed.net

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have to disagree, summit JC doent have any concrete patches, was there a week or so ago. its actaully a fun little track, very technical, sub 1 minute laps. You can have little slides going over the white lines but its nothing to worry about, a 3" slide that you hardly even feel. traction is very good there, and the main course has no problems either. There is a charity track day on the main course on august 21. You can sign up at www.nesba.com and you dont need to be a nesba member to get the cheaper price.
VIR is the best though,i have only done the south course will be doing the north next month.

cheers

·
Registered
182 Posts
Kneeslider1 said:
The D.C. area has to be the worst place to live in the whole US.
Boy, you aren't kidding. I am outta here in one month! YAHOO! Chicago here I come...

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
as far as schools, there's the marrc new-rider school, which is really just to qualify for your license.

team promotion runs a series of schools there. they do basic for first time track riders, a limited, 8 riders tops, focuses on what the riders' goals are. and pro, which is limited to 4 riders and has two instructors, mike himmelsbach (two god and highest aprilia mille finisher in the ama superbike series) being one of them.

their schools have a lot of track time.

if you just want track time tpm or nesba is a good way to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you're looking for a school within this year, the only school that you could possibly take at Summit Point would be with the MARRC school. But that school is shit....

If you're interested in a real school, wait until next year and be willing to commute. Star school doesn't go to summit but they do go to VIR. Don't bother with Keith Code, you'ld learn more from MARRC school :rolleyes: . Team Promotion goes to Summit and VIR. Check out CLASS and all the other selections. Be wary of the school you take, what you learn can save your ass on the track. I commuted to Carolina Motorsports Park and took the Star school and it was wonderful!

If you're only looking for a track day, many are held by various organizations at Summit. On Sept. 6th, there will be a Lockhart Phillip Sportsman track day at the summit point main course....check that out at the CCS website. There will be a track day at the end of the month on September being held by Loudoun Motorsports, call them if interested.

Sam

1 - 13 of 13 Posts