Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, I'm gonna start off by saying I'm completely new to bikes. I've seen countless threads about "which bike should I get, x or y?" that's not so much my question. I'm thinking I want a 600, but not sure which to go with... Yamaha, Kawi, Honda or Suzuki. Is anybody on here especially tall to vouch for bike fit? I'm 6'5 240lbs, with a 36" inseam. What bikes are generally better for taller guys? I like the looks of the gixxer, but I haven't had many opportunities to sit on any bikes. Also I'll be going with a used bike since I know damn near everyone lays down the bike at some point.

any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
At your size the 600s are going to seem a bit small no matter what. The manufacturers have begun putting stiffer springs in them, but ergonomically they will seem a bit small. My track bike is a 05 model R6, and I've made a lot of changes in the chassis to accommodate my weight (pretty close to yours).

That being said, the 600s are a great choice nowadays because of the power they put out, and the chassis' are phenomenally well handling. With the comparisons being so close, it's really a matter of sitting on each, and finding a color and features that appeal to you. Even on the track they are all so close to each other, it's typically the rider that makes the ultimate difference.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I am 6'2" and over 2225 and have been able to ride my buddies 2007 CBR600RR with no problem at all. The springs are stiff enough to handle my weight and the bike is comfortable. My personal bikes are a 2000 Honda RC51 which is definitely made for a bigger rider. I also have a 2007 GSXR1000 however I would not recommend this bike for a starter bike at all. The RC51 is a perfect fit for a larger rider so you might want to check one out if you can find one.

Regards,

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
Those RC's are great bikes. I wouldn't mind having one of those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts