Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come to replace my rear tire. It is the Dunlop sportmax that comes stock on the F4. It has that flat groove right down the middle that you get from too much straight line driving(Just learned how fun knee dragging corners was this year!!!:D :D ) As cool as it is to take some deep corners, the majority of my riding is straight highways. Does anyone have any suggestions of a tire that is better suited for normal upright riding? Is there such a thing? Could there be a tire with a reinforced middle tread? I would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I remember reading something that my Battlax has a reinforced center and softer outside. I don't know if this holds true for every tire, or just mine, seeing as how I know nothing about sportbike tires. But hey, you could always look into that kind of tire.:)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Replace both tires at once.

If I were you I'd replace both tires at once even if there is another 1-2 thousand miles left on the front it's not worth the potentional unstability in a corner to have new rubber on back and old rubber on front. Least that was the case for me when I was taking my car to track days all the time, but the habbit has held over to bikes. And I would really not put two different brands/compounds on.

·
Registered
530 Posts
AGREED :thumb:

Best to replace BOTH tires at the same time especially if the replacement tire will not be the same. Every tire has its' own handling and response characteristics, compounds, etc..

Johnny
Team No Limit Racing &#169 1996-2002
http://www.teamnolimitracing.com

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I would look into getting a Bridgestone BT012, they are suppose to be good for commuting and good for the twisties. I have a buddy that has them on his bike and he loves them.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Bridgestone BT010s last quite awhile and offer plenty of grip (more than you'll ever need for any sort of spirited street riding in my opinion). They offer more grip that the D207s your bike came with. I think they are cheaper and longer lasting than BT012s. I like them on my 9R.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts