Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently living in England and working as an IT Project Manager. Does anybody know of any companies that have need of my skills in the US and could sponsor me on a greencard working visa? I'm desperate to get away from my country of birth as its being strangled by red tape and bureaucracy at every turn. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,517 Posts
Bodybag said:
I'm currently living in England and working as an IT Project Manager. Does anybody know of any companies that have need of my skills in the US and could sponsor me on a greencard working visa? I'm desperate to get away from my country of birth as its being strangled by red tape and bureaucracy at every turn. :(
Lol, And you think its better here? :huh:
 

·
Strength and Honor
Joined
·
6,143 Posts
If you don't have your PMP certification yet, that will be a big boost to your search. Check out the cert exam from Project Management Institute (PMI) using Google or whatever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
kanwisch said:
If you don't have your PMP certification yet, that will be a big boost to your search. Check out the cert exam from Project Management Institute (PMI) using Google or whatever.
We use PRINCE2 for project management here. I'm guessing its the same thing. Principles, processes, documentation management etc.?

HondaNut! said:
Lol, And you think its better here? :huh:
I'm sure it can't be any worse?! And a change of scenery is good for the soul. Anyway, I want to come out there and show you lot how to go round bends!! :D
 

·
Strength and Honor
Joined
·
6,143 Posts
Yes, PRINCE2 is similar though I'm not sure if its different methodology on the same idea or is actually the same methodology. I doubt the latter. Focus here in the States has largely been PMP, but Monster.com and other job boards should be a focus if they aren't already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
Bodybag said:
Anyway, I want to come out there and show you lot how to go round bends!! :D
We call them corners here. Good luck with the job hunting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vash said:
We call them corners here. Good luck with the job hunting.
Ah... now... over here, in the biking world, corners are what you get at junctions. Bends are what you get on a flowing road like Deals Gap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
Ouch. They are pretty harsh, arent they? Probably would be even harsher if they new I'm not actually an american. But whatever. I've never heard the locals refer to them as bends, unless you count smitty, but this is the guy who uses terms like "cog" and "prang" and might even spell his tires with a "y". Whatever you want to call them, I'm sure we can all agree they are fun.

Of course there is alway "turn" (as used in description of tracks) and "twisties" which is a bike slang term...

Incidentally, "bends" is what you get when you surface too fast while diving.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top