Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to pay someone to do it right....this ain't charity work.

After buying and installing the top, triple clamp risers, I'm just not sure what to do (correctly) to loosen the front fork bolts, re-align and safely tighten them. The front only needs to be lowered 1".

Any suggestions??? If you can help, just call me on my cell.

Thanks,

-David
586-531-3515

BTW, this is for the Hayabusa....not one of the mopeds.. :twofinger

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hey now... our techs are good.. hes just a busy ass guy...

thats all..

they are great techs.....:twofinger

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
yeah, great if you don't want it done right the first time.

I had to get my shit re done in NC.

Your Mechs are shit. No personal attack there Yaz, but it really sux when you waist money paying for a job that isn't even done correctly.

Thank god for Wheeler's near Deals Gap to get the job done right the first time.

And at half the price.

·
Registered
679 Posts
OPP said:
I'm looking to pay someone to do it right....this ain't charity work.

After buying and installing the top, triple clamp risers, I'm just not sure what to do (correctly) to loosen the front fork bolts, re-align and safely tighten them. The front only needs to be lowered 1".

Any suggestions??? If you can help, just call me on my cell.

Thanks,

-David
586-531-3515

BTW, this is for the Hayabusa....not one of the mopeds.. :twofinger
there is nothing to re-align, just measure the amount of fork tube coming out the top. only thing you may want to do is put a jack under the motor, cause when you loosen the fork tubes the front will slam down all the way and it is hard to raise them back up.

Sometimes I lower 1 at a time, just loosen one up enough that you can push down on the front end and the tube raises some. then tighten and repeat for the other side, just be careful cause the second side will try to go lower.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
motoboy said:
mounting and balancing a tire right is a hit or mis thing at K&W as well :rolleyes:

mb.
:eek: Right by my work!
Thanks for the heads up.:eek:

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Re: Re: Need a bike mechanic...any suggestions?

Lonnie Angel said:
there is nothing to re-align, just measure the amount of fork tube coming out the top. only thing you may want to do is put a jack under the motor, cause when you loosen the fork tubes the front will slam down all the way and it is hard to raise them back up.

Sometimes I lower 1 at a time, just loosen one up enough that you can push down on the front end and the tube raises some. then tighten and repeat for the other side, just be careful cause the second side will try to go lower.
X2 done this before.
Pretty simple...ditto on the jack.
If the bike tracks good no-handed during minor road bumps, your good to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts