Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone from NE Ohio? I am in Akron and looking for some people to ride with if SPRING EVER GETS HERE!! Any big rides planned for the coming months???

~mike

·
Registered
36 Posts
NEOrider said:
Anyone from NE Ohio? I am in Akron and looking for some people to ride with if SPRING EVER GETS HERE!! Any big rides planned for the coming months???

~mike
If you like aprilias, the demo truck will be at state 8 the 14th of april (next sunday) there should be 10-12 bikes to ride . maybe I'll see you there:D

·
Registered
148 Posts
NEOrider said:

~mike
Hey NEO Rider, I'm down in Bolivar, just south of Canton. Also looking for folk to ride with round these parts.
As a rule I tend to ride south from where I live as I find the roads get better further south. Occasionally meet up with various groups down near Millersberg, Coshocton, Zanesville and Hocking Hills region.
I'd be pleased to hook up sometime. Drop me a line.

Also you might want to keep an eye on the following sites:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/corecentralohio and http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=21 which is similar to this forum but with far more Ohio activity!!

·
Registered
636 Posts
We were just up that way the other weekend for Park cycle's open house. :D Anyway, we usually head up and meet some guys in Carrolton (we're from Wintersville) and head out from there. Usually Saturdays around like 2ish at the Shell station there at the end of town. PM me if you ever feel like headin down this way. :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Doogie, thanks for the tip about Carrollton - I'd heard that there was a regular meet there at the gas staion but had never figured out when... that's cool - I'll drop by next time I'm out on a Saturday.
Do you ever head down south and do 800 down to 26 Marietta and across to Hocking Hills...? One of my favourite day out routes..

You're close to Cadiz, often find myself round that way - sure like to meet up sometime.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yup, we take 800 occasionally, lost a bike on that road last year actually. :eek: We haven't made it that far south yet, it's funny you should say that. Just the other day we were figuring out a route down that way, heard something about 255 somewhere, supposed to be an awesome road. Next time you're going to head down that way drop me a line and I'll head down. Not for a couple weeks though my rear tire is almost to the wear indicators. Probably just stay local until it's shot and I buy a new one. Also if you ever hit Wintersville around 1 on a Saturday we'll be at the Speedway just down the road from Wendy's.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds cool!! I will try to make it down some weekend.....

Anyone know of a place around to get my bike painted? Cleve/akron area???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rider here in Canal Fulton

I live between Akron/Canton and any time anyone wants to ride give me a call 330-882-2948.

Neorider:

Call Jeff at crooked river motorcycle inc. 330-630-9430 or
WWW.crookedrivermc.com. I think he knows someone who paints bikes!

Later Spanky-R1
Scott

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish my bike would be painted by then!! I would like to!! anything wrong with riding a primered bike??? lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi, I live about 20 min. SE of Canton. Route 800 is the best road I've found so far around here, although I haven't ridden it yet this year, maybe this weekend. Holmes county has a number of decent roads too, as long as you keep your eyes open for [email protected] [email protected]&en amish buggies. There's a group of guys that are supposed to meet every Sunday in Wooster, although I've never ridden with them; supposed to be at around noon at Dino's drivethrough, at the south end of Beall Ave. for those of you that know what I'm talking about. I'd be up for any kind of group ride sometime, although I probably won't get up to Akron anytime too soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I live in Akron. I tend to ride in "the valley" or out towards Brunswick on RT 303. In the summer months I usually go to Quaker Steak (both of them). I wouldn't mind getting a big group together this summer and tackle 555 down by Athens. I know BamBam has dne that one before.

as far as getting you bike painted, I think cycle theraphy still does that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
SBN Breakfast

Sorry but I can't make it to the breakfast on Sunday, but I'll be out early Saturday and after church on Sunday!

Let me know if anyone wants to ride?

Spanky-R1:D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey Frankie & Big Lebowski.... one of the most exhilarating ridings days I've had round here invloved 800 and 555 in the same loop.
800 is a great road and just gets better and better the further south... then hop onto Rt-26 and it is like being on a track... beautiful road... all the way down to Marietta, find 550 or 676 over to 555 then up north 555 to 78 and take that east back to 800/26.. and home.
All the twistiest nicest roads in the area in a single loop..
Man, I'm starting to drool already..

:D

·
Registered
636 Posts
When you guys decide when you want to do that. PLEASE! let me know about a week in advance so I can gather everyone up here. We're going to hit those roads down south this year but it would be alot more fun if we met up with you guys and hit em. :D Can't make that breakfast thing. Too damn far to ride for me. lol ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm all in favor of a group ride down south sometime! I've taken 800 all the way down to the OH river (I think 800 goes all the way), but I didn't know any other good roads down there, so I ended up coming home on the interstate, (it was getting late and I didn't really want to run 800 after dark by myself (mommy i'm scared)) Usually, I just take 800 down to 76 and then turn around.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
make some plans?

Why dont we make some plans for something in a month or so?? It seems to me like we have enough interest in the North east part of Ohio to start a group like the central ohio area has??? whatttaya think?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Unless you know something I don't, there aren't any decent roads in NE Ohio. The "central Ohio" group does all it's riding in SE Ohio anyway, so just join up with those in the know!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well thats a option too, but occaisonally, the mid -ohio group has a bbq or some kind of gathering....and well, its a pretty long ride for us NEOhio peeps to ride, so why not start a small group up here, and we can meey up with the Mid OH group for longer planned rides??

1 - 20 of 32 Posts