Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!!!:D

Its been a while since I've visited this site. Been pretty busy lately.

Anyhow. After working countless 12 hour shifts and doubles back to back to back. I'm finally gonna get time off. A friend of mine suggested riding through Natchez Trace National park. I dont know much about it so I looked it up.

see for your self

I decided to go ahead with this ride. I plan on going to Natchez, MS through AL, then end up in TN. I estimate this to be an 800+ mile ride. This would be my first cross country trip.

Any advices??? tips???

Also, is anybody familiar with this place?? any special stops I should make?

The 5+ months I've had my f4, I 've put in 14k miles on it, even through winter. I've got new tires and just got the bike tuned up, and I'm probbly gonna get a new set of chain & sprockets. Anything else I should do? or bring? in preparation for the ride?

btw. its good to be back here!:thumbs2:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh by the way. I've got 2 weeks to prepare before the ride.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
The only suggestion I have is to bring along a camera to show-off to us the scenery :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
I was never much on cross-country trips on a sportbike. I'd rather trailer it there and back but I'm just funny like that. And seeing as how I don't have a trailer ATM, that would explain my lack of travel lol.

Anyways, it looks like it should be a nice trip, and +1 to showing off some pics.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am in Nashville where the Trace starts or ends, depends how you look at it I guess. We have a nice section about 15 miles long that has some very nice sweepers that we run here. Only thing I can say it to be careful and watch out for the cops on the Trace. They are not just you average local Joe Blow law enforcement. The Trace is a Federally protected park. Thus has it's own Federal Park Rangers. They patrol the park all the time as they do not have much else better to do, except watch the wildlife. So speeding in a federal park is a pretty hefty fine, depending on speed from $200 to $500. If you run it's jail time in a federal facility and confiscation of your bike.

Most of the Trace has a speed limit of 50 MPH so be careful.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am in Nashville where the Trace starts or ends, depends how you look at it I guess. We have a nice section about 15 miles long that has some very nice sweepers that we run here. Only thing I can say it to be careful and watch out for the cops on the Trace. They are not just you average local Joe Blow law enforcement. The Trace is a Federally protected park. Thus has it's own Federal Park Rangers. They patrol the park all the time as they do not have much else better to do, except watch the wildlife. So speeding in a federal park is a pretty hefty fine, depending on speed from $200 to $500. If you run it's jail time in a federal facility and confiscation of your bike.

Most of the Trace has a speed limit of 50 MPH so be careful.
I've been warned about this already. I dont plan on dragging knee or anything, just to ride.

As far as cross country trip on a SB, my f4 is a little bit more forgiving. Seat position is not as aggressive as a supersport, therefore much more comfy at long ride.... but I can still do 150mph if I choose to do so:D

And yeah, I have a camera with me. As a matter of fact, I have a digital cam, & 2 video camera. I'm gonna try to get a hold of an SLR cam but I'm thinking a digital cam would do. I already have a tank mount for one of my video cam and the other one I could attach to my helmet or anywhere else I want too, so hopefully I'll get good footages and pics.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I live in North MS and the Natchez Trace is boring. I've never ridden a motorcycle on it before, but riding in the car is dead boring. :zzz: There are nothing but trees the entire way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts