Sportbike World banner

Would you be mad if you were watching motorcycle racing and suddenly NASCAR came on?

• Yes

Votes: 298 91.4%
  • No

Votes: 29 8.9%

• Total voters
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Wow, I can't believe I hadn't replied to this yet.

I had tickets to the Brickyard for something like 6 or 7 seasons and loved going to it. I like going to tennis matches, too. Both are not much fun to watch on TV, IMO. So unless you've been to one and decided you didn't like it, I suspect there's some transferred dislike rather than first-hand.

Of course, now that MotoGP has come home, I've dumped my BY tix and I couldn't be more psyched about the GP. I'd considered doing Laguna a few times but I can't justify the cost of travel and lodging.

Still want to see an Indy 500...... I like most sports live, excepting NBA.

EDIT: I voted yes ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can't believe this post was first posted in 2002. I didn't even think of having a motorcycle back then.

Still, I would of enjoyed watching a motorcycle race rather than a NASCAR race anytime and would of been upset.

But here would be the real challenge:

MotoGP racers would have to race on a NASCAR track and would only be going in a consistent oval going left. The worst they would encounter would be being bored to death.

NASCAR racers having to race on a winding MotoGP/AMA track going whatever which way. NASCAR racers crash just going in one direction. I hate to see them having to alternate left and right.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
RedDevil:
Nascar does race on a couple road courses. And GP bikes would probably be a handful on some of the high-bank tracks that NASCAR races on. I'm a fan of MOTOGP and NASCAR, so I try to be impartial. I think Dario Franchitti and Juan Pablo Montoya are both testaments that NASCAR isn't as simple as it looks. In fact, on a recent british tv show (Fifth Gear), they both mentioned that the competition in NASCAR is much more difficult than that of F1 and Indy (Montoya referred to F1 as a very long parade due to the lack of passing).

Honestly, I think MotoGP riders are the better atheletes and racers, but the races aren't as intense due to the lack of lead changes and competition.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Not to mention that a MotoGP race is over in less than an hour. Nascar turns into an endurance challange

81 - 84 of 84 Posts