Sportbike World banner

Would you be mad if you were watching motorcycle racing and suddenly NASCAR came on?

• Yes

Votes: 298 91.4%
  • No

Votes: 29 8.9%

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Hmmm....someone must have a resentment over their motorcycle show being cut off by NASCAR. Is this a serious poll? If NASCAR came on I would just change the channel or turn off the tele and go do something else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd be mad if my nascar got cut for motorcycles and vice versa. I watch both with equal interest

·
Registered
68 Posts
FUGGIN A BUBBA! There is already too much nascar on speed and not enough other racing especially MC racing. It is almost to the point of special programs to tell what these bozos had for breakfast. nascar is so lame "driving around in circles all day" the only time it is interesting is watching road races. just saw one down in mexico city that took place this weekend. that was kind of interesting-fast cars that is for sure. It was funny though because these guys can't drive. every 3 or 4 laps there is a red flag or crash or someone goes off the track:laughing:

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Re: Yes

Needa916 said:
I do think it would be a good idea to move all things related to NASCAR to it's own station - I mean everything oval, even drag racing.
Oval drag racing??!! Now THAT would be a spectactor sport!! Can you imagine a Top Fuel rail running around a 1/4 mile oval!!:eek: :D

BTW, I voted 'Yes'. I get pissed-off if they break into a show with an urgent storm warning.:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
nastard?

how the hell can you enjoy a pack of fools going left for hundreds of laps? the only thing of intrest about nascar are the wrecks. as for the answer to your question, I would be elated:D . give me nikky hayden vs. rossi anyday. now that takes balls and talent. nuff said.

·
Registered
13 Posts
nastard?

how the hell can you enjoy a pack of fools going left for hundreds of laps? the only thing of intrest about nascar are the wrecks. as for the answer to your question, I would be elated:D . give me nikky hayden vs. rossi anyday. now that takes balls and talent. nuff said.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nascar :barf: Hate it. I would be super pissed if nascar cut off motorcycle racing. I get pissed at all the commericals they play too it like every 2 or 3 laps there is a commerical.

·
Registered
68 Posts
NASCAR was great back in the 50s and 60s.
Now it's just to much, i turn on speed chanel now i see a nascar race i'm not sure if it ran last week or yesterday.
Then we got the shows that re-hash the race for all the fans that were drunk and missed the race.

Hate to say it but it's getting to be just like RAP and HIP/HOP
It all sounds like NOISE....

Anybody ever see British Touring Car Racing?
Now that was RACING...... :cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
YEA THEY DID THAT TO ME YESTERDAY!!! DURING MOTOGP

·
Registered
26 Posts
Motorcycle racing is far more interesting because of the great passing and high caliber of skill out on the track. You can really appreciate how good those guys are. NASCAR, I think anyone who's a decent driver could jump in one of those cars and turn left with the best of them. Well, there is one positive thing about NASCAR: you can get up and go to the bathroom and you haven't missed a thing.

F1 on the other hand, takes some skill. But, it's still not as interesting as motorcycle racing.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Shame you guys can't watch all of the motor racing we have here. No roundy-roundy cr*p here, only circuits, and more classes than you could poke a stick at. :D

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
ninjadude said:
I don't think I would fit into the Nascar scene. I am a motorcyclist, I wear leather, I don't drink before I ride, I'm nice to other motorists, I do not choose to have a mullit haircut, and my truck does not have a gun-rack in the rear window. I have had arguements with my redneck neighbor sevral times about how boring tolet bowl racing really is. I just don't see the logic in driving around in a circle all after noon. But then agian, Isn't it the redneck that show up to those parking lot carnivals to stand in line to ride the rides that spin them around tell there tossing there lunch. Now thats logic.:hurl:
Uhm... I wear leather. Don't even entertain the thought of alcohol on my bikes. I treat other motorists as I would hope to be treated. I have nearly a military haircut. No gun rack, although I own enough to quell a good sized riot, and I don't call people redneck that don't choose be called redneck. But I enjoy NASCAR races (what you call "toilet bowl" races). I hope some of the above was typed with the typical internet testosterone and not sincere. Choices are choices. When you disagree with the choices of others so vehemently, you must ultimatelty face the possibility that someone may disagree with yours. That's how bad laws are made.

Wow... I'm hoping you were kidding to at least some degree.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I voted yes.

It drives me crazy that Speed Channel is pretty much all NASCAR. However, two-wheel-Tuesday always saves my ass, so Speed...I forgive you.:D

·
Registered
352 Posts
there is acutual racing in MC racing compared to nascar where everyone is running in circles, and then when they do get put on a track with right turns. everyone crashes

·
Registered
447 Posts
Originally posted by ninjadude
I don't think I would fit into the Nascar scene. I am a motorcyclist, I wear leather, I don't drink before I ride, I'm nice to other motorists, I do not choose to have a mullit haircut, and my truck does not have a gun-rack in the rear window. I have had arguements with my redneck neighbor sevral times about how boring tolet bowl racing really is. I just don't see the logic in driving around in a circle all after noon. But then agian, Isn't it the redneck that show up to those parking lot carnivals to stand in line to ride the rides that spin them around tell there tossing there lunch. Now thats logic.

Originally posted by DanQ [/i
Uhm... I wear leather. Don't even entertain the thought of alcohol on my bikes. I treat other motorists as I would hope to be treated. I have nearly a military haircut. No gun rack, although I own enough to quell a good sized riot, and I don't call people redneck that don't choose be called redneck. But I enjoy NASCAR races (what you call "toilet bowl" races). I hope some of the above was typed with the typical internet testosterone and not sincere. Choices are choices. When you disagree with the choices of others so vehemently, you must ultimatelty face the possibility that someone may disagree with yours. That's how bad laws are made.

Wow... I'm hoping you were kidding to at least some degree.

+1
no gun rack in my suv but a few guns in the house and i also wear leather and have a military hair cut and enjoy nascar and motorcycle racing.

·
Registered
142 Posts
NASCAR blows.

Motorcycles are the future ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
BTW, some of you have a lot of hostility toward NASCAR, huh?

Fact is, it brings in ratings higher than other sports here in the US. In Europe, F1 car racing and motorcycle racing are the kings.
I'm not especially hostile towards NASCAR but I am pissed at how much coverage it gets. It certainly doesn't get the highest ratings because it is the best racing out there. They are just good at publicity and now it is ALL that is on because it is so easy to follow.

F1 is the king on every other continent on Earth but here that is almost all you hear about unless you really pay attention to the scheduled shows.

Christ, the Aussie V8's are 10x more exciting that NASCRAP and they got bumped from Speed practically. A long with a whole host of other great racing events because NASCAR is so engrained into American racing cultur(even though it is nothing like what it became famous as).

I got the speed channel to see a wide variety of unique racing events and all I got were 4-5 different racing leagues covered and 75% of the time dedicated to them is all NASCAR.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts