Sportbike World banner

Would you be mad if you were watching motorcycle racing and suddenly NASCAR came on?

• Yes

Votes: 298 91.4%
  • No

Votes: 29 8.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't think I would fit into the Nascar scene. I am a motorcyclist, I wear leather, I don't drink before I ride, I'm nice to other motorists, I do not choose to have a mullit haircut, and my truck does not have a gun-rack in the rear window. I have had arguements with my redneck neighbor sevral times about how boring tolet bowl racing really is. I just don't see the logic in driving around in a circle all after noon. But then agian, Isn't it the redneck that show up to those parking lot carnivals to stand in line to ride the rides that spin them around tell there tossing there lunch. Now thats logic.:hurl:

·
Registered
865 Posts
At least the races were repeated later.....

·
Registered
580 Posts
BORING

Theres nothing wrong with gun racks, if you keep the guns on the floor they'll get scratches from all the beer cans.

NASCAR is about as fun to watch as the Teletubbies. WRC, now THERES some racing.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I guess I'm the only one who's a NASCAR fan 'round here. I voted no because the only thing I like more than motorcycles is Winston Cup racing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd rather watch NASCAR personally, but I understand everyone's anger. My local FOX station cuts off NASCAR races to show Red Sox games, which I usually find on TBS at the same time.

BTW, some of you have a lot of hostility toward NASCAR, huh?

Fact is, it brings in ratings higher than other sports here in the US. In Europe, F1 car racing and motorcycle racing are the kings.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes

Yes I would be angry - and yes I WAS mad! But...they did show it later on, and I can't get too mad unless this happens all the time. Unfortunatly, Speed Channel (ugh :hurl: ) is the only place to catch Bikes & Rally. I do think it would be a good idea to move all things related to NASCAR to it's own station - I mean everything oval, even drag racing. Sorry don't mean to offend anyone, but the old Speedvision did not have much of oval or drag racing, and I never changed the channel when I am home. They also NEVER cut into bike racing and showed exactly what was on the online TV schedule.

Oh well...anyone up for some fund raising to buy the name "Speedvision" and buy the rights to WSBK, AMA, Rally, F1 and all other roadracing series? :p

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Yes

Needa916 said:
Sorry don't mean to offend anyone, but the old Speedvision did not have much of oval or drag racing, and I never changed the channel when I am home.
I always had Speedvision on back in the day. In fact the only reason I have cable is because I want to watch motorcycle racing and Formula 1.

Needa916 said:
Oh well...anyone up for some fund raising to buy the name "Speedvision" and buy the rights to WSBK, AMA, Rally, F1 and all other roadracing series? :p
I wish.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Az929RR said:
Let me ask you this, If you were watching NASCAR and motorcycle racing suddenly came on would be mad? I voted yes by the way for the Poll.

Let me ask you this... have you ever seen a grown man running through the fields with his head shaved? Once you have seen this... you are never quite the same :eek: . I also voted the affirmative on that one.

·
Registered
364 Posts
remember

Don't you guys remember several years back when nascar was not that big a deal to the masses, and it didn't get the coverage that it does today.I really believe our time is coming.( widespread coverage). just like nascar..

·
Registered
364 Posts
BTW I would be pissed if they cut in to my program viewing .dont watch much nascar but do like the local drag races! and want to go to the gator nationals one time!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sometimes when I'm watching Teletubies and it gets intrupted by a something else more mind numbing, I get VERY VERY ANGRY. DON'T INTERUPT ANY OF MY PROGRAMS DAMNIT.:finger:

·
Registered
85 Posts
wow

As Robert mentioned above, Speed TV says: "SPEED Channel admits a mistake was made but says it won't happen again…". Maybe I am a puppet, but I believe them.

That takes a lot of guts to admit it was a mistake. ;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
YES

just because its nascar. i like to see people make righthand turns sometime during a race. if its a rainy day though i dont even want to watch motorcycle racing cuz it makes me depressed. i like to watch a little then go ride. yeah, WRC when no ama 600 or supersport.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i know the races were repeated later, but i set up my vcr to tape them in the afternoon. so i'm sol.

i HATE speedtv

1 - 20 of 84 Posts