Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i'm sure everyone here knows what bimota model names are about. first letter--whose motor. second letter--b. number a sequantial number based on how many models have come out with engines from that manufacturer.

for example;
sb6--gsx-r1100 mill
sb7--don't remember, gsx-r750 i thinks
sb8--tl1000 mill

then there are the ever famous yb's.

one yb is really unique (almost as odd as the tesi was). it's the yb7, what about the motor made it so unique in the bimota family of motorcycles?

no cheating!!!!

btw, this is EASY!!!!

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
desmo079 said:
OK Tony, how about this . The motor was a stressed member of the frame?????
i'm just happy you guys aren't researching the yb7 on the web.

i can't answer that question, because i don't know if it was, no do i know if any other bimotas do or don't use the engine as a stress member. so a 1,000 points to desmo. (remember the points don't matter :))

kevlar, is really onto something (this is an easy question on what makes the motor different). it uses 4 30mm carbs. anything seem odd about the size of the carbs?

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
The YB7 had the engine of the bike that appears in FZR400Tony's name ;)
That's why the carbs are 30mm, actually they are not small, they are big!

Aris

PS: I didn't have to cheat for this :) It's also a good idea to create this kind of trivia that people can find without using google.

Usually I try to create 'googleproof' trivias, but it's not easy :D

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Now I know what to get my wife after I graduate, no really it's for her.:D :D :D

That's got to be a saaaawweeeeeeeeeeeeeet little screamer.

Wonder what the reserve is??

Doesn't matter since it's 3000 miles and just about as many dollars away.:crying: :crying:

Know any details as to susp. components or weight.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
apexismaximus said:
Know any details as to susp. components or weight.
i don't know any of the details. knowing bimota, it's likely good suspension (for its day) and the weight is likely pretty light.

if you really want a cheap little bike, there's a 90 400 in my area that's near-mint and adult owned for $2500. if i knew he was gonna drop the price, i would've bought it myself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts