Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pix of my new ride...a 96 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R. These pix were taken before the owner had dropped it. The only things that need immediate replacement is the headlight, clutch bracket and the left side engine cover which are already on their way. There are few cracks and abrasions on the fairings as well. Overall I think it's pretty good for a first bike. Enjoy!

I'm thinking about repainting it silver and black. But if it costs too much, I'll just wait and get a silver/black R6. :D

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
magnuspunk said:
I'm thinking about repainting it silver and black. But if it costs too much, I'll just wait and get a silver/black R6. :D
i wouldn't wait to paint it. you'd look like your riding on the short bus. :laughing:

welcome to sBw.:hello:

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Welcome to SBW! :hello:

Nice bike too, I'd leave it the way it is. Yellow bikes kick ass! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
spicersh said:
Nice bike too, I'd leave it the way it is. Yellow bikes kick ass! :thumb:
i knew our agreeing wouldn't last. :laughing:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
monkey said:
i knew our agreeing wouldn't last. :laughing:
Thanks everyone. I like the yellow/silver scheme but since the paint job was a half-a**ed and a DYI job, it kinda looks like crap in person.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
I'd say ride it around a bit and see if you're prone to dropping it. If not, and you have the expendable cash, then go for the new paint job. Better yet, leave it as is and take the MSF courses, sign up for track days, etc. Don't worry so much about the look as just riding. When you're hitting the twisties hard I guarantee you'll not ever be thinking about the color of the bike. :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
spicersh said:
I'd say ride it around a bit and see if you're prone to dropping it. If not, and you have the expendable cash, then go for the new paint job. Better yet, leave it as is and take the MSF courses, sign up for track days, etc. Don't worry so much about the look as just riding. When you're hitting the twisties hard I guarantee you'll not ever be thinking about the color of the bike. :thumb:
Yeah I actually have taken the MSF safety courses. It was mandatory for people under 21 who planned on getting their M1 license. I took the lessons and passed and got my M1 when I was 19. I'm turning 21 this Aug. Overall I'm glad I took it. Even the experienced riders were excited that they learned a lot of things they didn't know just from riding on the streets. My next plan is to take the advanced courses and maybe get some track time with a buddy.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
magnuspunk said:
Yeah I actually have taken the MSF safety courses. It was mandatory for people under 21 who planned on getting their M1 license. I took the lessons and passed and got my M1 when I was 19. I'm turning 21 this Aug. Overall I'm glad I took it. Even the experienced riders were excited that they learned a lot of things they didn't know just from riding on the streets. My next plan is to take the advanced courses and maybe get some track time with a buddy.
Sounds like you're on the right track!

God, what a horrible pun....what do you want, it's Monday!!! I'm going back to work. :laughing:

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
welcome... look on the bright side.. people can see you coming a mile away and you'll have less of a chance of a car pullin out in front of ya if ya left it like it is ;)

enjoy it ... and def. attend some trackdays.. you'll become addicted like some of us around here :p

E.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts