Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys, just got my lisence a few weeks ago, passed the Motorcycle saftey course to get it. Got a perfect score, w00t. Never owned a bike, but I want one badly. Hopefully have a bike in time, so I figured I would read up on all the bikes and try and decide from your guys input and opinions which is the best bike

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the site! :hello:

Look around in the New Riders and New Members forums, lots of threads dealing with first bikes. Read up and if you have questions that aren't covered then feel free to ask! :thumb:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the group. Congrats on your license. As far as bikes - I am biased to the Ninja 500R. I am a tall drink-o-water and it felt more comfortable than the Ninja 250 or Suzuki GS500F which were other considerations. It has been a gem - powerful enough to get me out of trouble when I need it, but not so powerful as to get me into trouble. It is also very simple and frill-free, which will make for pretty easy maintenance.

Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
31 Posts
have your purchased your rider gear yet? If not let me give you some good advice because I just went through it.

If you want to take your bike to track days which is awsome time to do some learning in a safer enviorment then you will need full race gear.

Now with that being said it might be easier for you to buy it all now so that when you choose to go you know you got everything you need. Plus I never expected to pay what I did for my full setup which came to $1150 CDN which is a good price for what I bought.

I don't know what kind of riding you will be doing but like most people will say the gear is just as important as the bike you ride. And if taken care of can last you a good amount of time.

GL!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts