Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MyDoom Virus (Caution to all members)

(If you think you might have caught this virus on your computer you can remove it with the free removal tool from this link: <a target="_blank" href="http://www.f-secure.com/tools/f-mydoom.exe ">http://www.f-secure.com/tools/f-mydoom.exe</a><br />
<br />
The email will have the following characteristics:<br />
<br />
<br />
Subject:<br />
(one of the following) <br />
test <br />
hi <br />
hello <br />
Mail Delivery System <br />
Mail Transaction Failed <br />
Server Report <br />
Status <br />
Error<br />
<br />
Mail transaction failed. Partial message is available. <br />
The message contains Unicode characters and has been sent as a binary attachment. <br />
The message cannot be represented in 7-bit ASCII encoding and has been sent as a binary attachment.<br />
<br />
Attachment:<br />
document <br />
readme <br />
doc <br />
text <br />
file <br />
data <br />
test <br />
message <br />
body<br />
<br />
<br />
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />
Notes: <br />
The attachment may have two suffixes. If so, the first suffix will be one of the following: <br />
.htm <br />
.txt <br />
.doc<br />
<br />
The worm will always end with one of the following suffixes: <br />
.pif <br />
.scr <br />
.exe <br />
.cmd <br />
.bat <br />
.zip

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
I think this may be the one that just nuked our desktop....:(

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
spicersh said:
I think this may be the one that just nuked our desktop....:(
Probably not. I haven't bothered getting much info on MyDoom, since I feel I'm well protected, but I believe it's more of a trogan horse/ denial of service type virus. I don't think it's designed to actually cause extensive system damge to your comp.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Hysyde said:
Probably not. I haven't bothered getting much info on MyDoom, since I feel I'm well protected, but I believe it's more of a trogan horse/ denial of service type virus. I don't think it's designed to actually cause extensive system damge to your comp.
I'm not sure which one caused it, but we were naughty and let the anti-virus expire and by the time I could network the laptop with updated anti-virus software and scan the desktop with it, we found about 60 viruses. We ended up dumping everything and reinstalling Windows.

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
Friggin losers with nothing better to do than to trash other people's property! :finger:

It was a malicious worm that nuked the computer.. as if there's any other kind of computer worm?? :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts