Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys and girls,

My wife and I are taking PA's motorcycle saftey course in April. I am taking it to spend some quality time with my wife, get out of all the bad habits that I have when I ride and she wants to learn how to ride. I am excited about it and think that all girls that ride are so cool..... BUT, she has some proving to do before I am comfortable with her just taking off up the street on a bike.

Do any of your girlfriends/wives/mistresses ride????

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
confortability depends on her ability. if you ride together, ride behind her so you can to see how she controls the bike, you can hear her shifting habbits, you can observe her reactions, and you can check out her butt all at the same time.:D :D :D

hopefully it won't take her long to gain your confidence. like anything else, try not to be too critical about her riding and definately don't be too controlling either. let her be her. you wouldn't like the reversed rolls. learning to ride can be stressful on its own. just keep reminding her that NOBODY see's her. i hope she enjoys it as much as we do.:cool: :cool: :cool:

theres nothing like a woman on a bike.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
monkey said:
hopefully it won't take her long to gain your confidence. like anything else, try not to be too critical about her riding and definately don't be too controlling either. let her be her. you wouldn't like the reversed rolls. learning to ride can be stressful on its own. just keep reminding her that NOBODY see's her. i hope she enjoys it as much as we do.:cool: :cool: :cool:

I am sure it won't take long for me to feel comfortable with her riding. I was very floored when she approached me about doing it. :D

theres nothing like a woman on a bike.
I AGREE!!! :D

Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I think it is a good thing, then you both can share a common interest and she will understand how you feel, about heading out with the fellas for a ride. Once she is good, she can join in on the fun. Get her on some wheels bro. What kinda scooter are you thinking of for her?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UglyAngelX said:
I think it is a good thing, then you both can share a common interest and she will understand how you feel, about heading out with the fellas for a ride. Once she is good, she can join in on the fun. Get her on some wheels bro. What kinda scooter are you thinking of for her?
Yea, it would be real cool heading out in the summer time together on bikes. :D I have a 98' F3 that I thought about letting her ride, but a 500cc may be more down her alley. So, I was going to sell the F3 and buy her something she could handle.

What would you recommend?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Let her use the 98, obviously she will not have the testosterone issues that us guys have. Just tell her to take it easy and do not let her get into trouble. As said previously, get behind her when riding, so she does not feel the need to keep up, you can go at her pace until she catches on and starts burning it up!!! Get her all the GEAR!!!!! You do not the little woman to get a set of rashed cheeks! Oh sorry on her it is spelled chicks. :D
Definitely get her on the track....it will give her more confidence in the bike and if she has a get off, there is more room to slide. Why can't we all get chicas that ride, then we could just go to a solid tail section!!

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
djpoletti said:
Yea, it would be real cool heading out in the summer time together on bikes. :D I have a 98' F3 that I thought about letting her ride, but a 500cc may be more down her alley. So, I was going to sell the F3 and buy her something she could handle.

What would you recommend?
i'd recommend that (if you can afford it) keep the F3 and buy her an older 500cc (early 80's for cheap money) and when she grows out of it she can step into the F3 and then you sell the 500cc. big bike=heavy bike. having the older bike won't hurt so bad if she drops it, falls, etc... she needs to be able to pick it up on her own if it falls over. get the kinks worked out then step her up when she's comfortable. too much might scare her off. i know this from experience. one slip of the wrist could keep her from ever riding again if she starts with too much power.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
My daughter rides. We found her a '96 EX-500. Excellent bike that you can ride anywhere. I have taken it to WV a few times and it will keep up with traffic.;) :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dad said:
My daughter rides. We found her a '96 EX-500. Excellent bike that you can ride anywhere. I have taken it to WV a few times and it will keep up with traffic.;) :D
Yea, that sounds like a good choice. Then when she gets better and more comfortable, she can take my F4i then I pick up a new 954....... :D

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
djpoletti said:
Yea, that sounds like a good choice. Then when she gets better and more comfortable, she can take my F4i then I pick up a new 954....... :D
Won't be a new 954,I hear it's replacement is already in the works for possible '05 release.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
That's awesome that she wants to ride! My wife rides and once she got on a bike and realized she could control it without scaring herself (or me) to death I can barely get her off of the thing! Just be encouraging while she is learning. Don't always tell her about what she is doing wrong. Offer advice, but let her learn things on her own as well. She'll be just fine and she'll love it once she gets more comfortable! As far as what bike to learn on, spicerke started on a Buell Blast for about a month (if that) and then jumped straight to a 2000 F4. She never had any problems at all, so what is best to begin with depends greatly on the rider. Good luck and have fun! :thumb:

·
Registered
511 Posts
thats great!!! my girlfriend wants a bike so i'm out looking around for a cheap F3. She already took the MSF and she's ready to get her own bike.

Keep the F3 for her to learn on, like ugly said, she won't have the testronstone induced need for speed. i think she'll do fine on it, with the MSF and taking it easy for a while.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
jermey ya right, when you twist that throttle one time i am telling you she will be racing camros every time they pass her :laughing:

i know when i bought my f3 i was out doing 100mph the first nite.....:eek:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
QuickCoCo1 said:
jermey ya right, when you twist that throttle one time i am telling you she will be racing camros every time they pass her :laughing:

i know when i bought my f3 i was out doing 100mph the first nite.....:eek:
That is the testosterone factor involved with the fellas!!! LOL!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
crammer1977 said:
thats great!!! my girlfriend wants a bike so i'm out looking around for a cheap F3. She already took the MSF and she's ready to get her own bike.

Keep the F3 for her to learn on, like ugly said, she won't have the testronstone induced need for speed. i think she'll do fine on it, with the MSF and taking it easy for a while.

Yea, I am going to let her try the F3 out this weekend to see how she does.

·
Registered
848 Posts
djpoletti said:
It's the standard PA motorcycle safety class that we are taking at CCAC South Campus.
Dude, Frank may be a Hardley rider, but he's damn cool, and he is totally down with female riders. I took my MSF class there last May, and I'm sooooooooooo glad I did.

As for what kind of ride... I tend to outgrow things, and my 500 just simply wasn't enough for the adrenaline in my veins... But all in all, it's probably better that I did spend a year on the tyke scoot.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts