Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here she is in the beginning of a new look.... bought the fiberglass fairings off a fella down yonder ways (thanks JT for bringing them to me on your way that weekend)

After some patchwork - compliments to Fred (steph's dad) in lapeer - ALLOT OF ELBOW GREASE to get the stickers off and some primer and a base coat of pearl white.... :thumb:

now be nice.. it's rattle can work :D

Will post up other pics as they come ;)

E.
and yes she's gonna be Red White and Blue but not like the 929 :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Looks nice E. I've got a fairing you can peice back together if you want, in exchange for the PC advise I gave you:twofinger

Sepias

·
Registered
679 Posts
It looks better than last year!!!

Maybe when your done you can finish the walls you started there:D

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahahah .... Sepias... I didn't do the patch work.. a friend did.. I just did the rest ;)

sonic :twofinger it's a garage not a family room :p

couldn't wait to get rid of that junk plastic that was on there from the salvage place :D (good thing it was trashed before I went down with it LOL) some of it is still usable for stunters though :thumb: other parts will get thrown up on ebay for sure...

E.

·
Registered
679 Posts
DreamRyder said:
sonic :twofinger it's a garage not a family room :p

E. [/B]
Your point:confused: Hell I would rather have a finished garage than a family room;)

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sonicsbomb said:
Your point:confused: Hell I would rather have a finished garage than a family room;)
hahaa... well the other 3 walls have wood tongue and groove slats up and trimmed out... just never felt the need to paint the drywall :p instead I paint my bike ;) It sure was nice having the heat in there too for doing it.. started out in the pole barn but quickly moved into the garage :laughing:

E.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
looks good chic.....

·
Registered
679 Posts
DreamRyder said:
It sure was nice having the heat in there too for doing it.. started out on the pole in the barn but quickly moved into the garage :laughing:

E.
did I read this right? You have a pole in your barn:eek: Maybe I should come over an check this out!!!:D

·
Registered
166 Posts
I cant wait to see it finished. Always interested in seeing bikes people have done themselves.:)

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sonicsbomb said:
did I read this right? You have a pole in your barn:eek: Maybe I should come over an check this out!!!:D
uhm... never mind :p

bmacd said:
the bike is looking good. Off topic, my parents bought their house brand new 16 years ago and the garage still has that unpainted drywall up!

-=bmacd=-
yeah I keep attempting to do it but something else always comes up.. but hey.. who knows maybe now that I got the bike done I can put that on my next list of things to do :p

E.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK.. here are some pics of her (without a clear coat - no time to do that since I'll be leavin Thursday for the track with her)

I used Avery SemiGloss Sticker Paper and cut out my stars and "DreamRyder" and used Blue Painters tape to mask off the areas I wanted to keep white and then painted my Red and Blue areas. So everthing that you see white is paint - NO DECALS ;)

I really like the way it turned out... I really liked the way the seat had looked with the tape on it and being red and white to match the tail section so I may at some point go back and do the seat... but again I only had a week to get her done :eek:

I was hopin for the 80/80 quality from a spray can.. but honestly I think I got a 20/20 :D (looks good from 20 feet going 20 mph) :laughing:

E.

Attachments

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Attachments

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Attachments