Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I spent a good 6 hours today, washing and polishing my big girl. I'd taken the rack of, to do the polishing, and fell in love with her "naked" look. She looked so pretty, I just had to take some pic's of her...

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
If you keep revving the motor on that Kawi, you're lawn is never gonna stay Kawi green like it was in the cooler months! Good to see the beast rolling!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,344 Posts
Such a beautiful bike cookee! I know exactly how you feel. After I wash/wax my bike, I can't help but taking a few extended looks at it. I think little cartoon hearts actually float above my head.
 

·
Strength and Honor
Joined
·
6,143 Posts
They are a beautiful site all cleaned up nice :love:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
658 Posts
Awesome photos Cookee!

I'm curious about the rack - manufacturer, how it's attached, etc. I couldn't tell from your other photos. I use my bike mainly for commuting and sometimes the tail pack just isn't enough. Every search I've done comes up with cruiser racks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! :thumbs2:


Firefox & DT996 - It's more paddock than lawn. It's been sooooooo dry down here and it's also winter, which accounts for the colour of the grass. Come summer, I'll be busting my a**e keeping it down.


mkeeney - It's a Gear Sack rack and bag and is awesome!! If you look at this pic...




...you can see that it bolts to where the tie-down hooks were and also to two aluminium droppers have been bolted to the frame (see top pic).

The rack is so strong, it can be used as a back rest. The main part of the rack can be unscrewed from the curved bars for when you don't want it there. Saves you having to unbolt the whole thing.

The bag has three compartments; one main and two sides. The side bags zip on / off and each have a handle. The main bag has a strap that secures when not needed. It also has two zipped pockets.

The other racks you see a lot of down here are by Ventura. Mrs Tree's bike has one...



They're a pseudo rack, IMO; Good for carrying light stuff and can't be used as a back rest. They're nowhere near as good as the Gear Sack rack. Hope this helps!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Wow, THATS winter eh? Wheres all the snow?! :p If you see a tent pitched out on your paddock this January, dont be alarmed, it's just good ol' Firefox escaping the Canadian winter:twofinger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Firefox said:
Wow, THATS winter eh? Wheres all the snow?! :p If you see a tent pitched out on your paddock this January, dont be alarmed, it's just good ol' Firefox escaping the Canadian winter:twofinger
Don't be fooled. It was a chilly 23C (73F) that day! :twofinger

Might wanna bring an a/c if you're coming over in January. Chances are, it'll be 35C (95F) and 99% humidity. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
cookeetree said:
Don't be fooled. It was a chilly 23C (73F) that day! :twofinger

Might wanna bring an a/c if you're coming over in January. Chances are, it'll be 35C (95F) and 99% humidity. :cool:
:eek:

Mind if I dig a hole and put in a pool?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Firefox said:
:eek:

Mind if I dig a hole and put in a pool?
Sure, go right ahead! Good luck filling it; we're on water restrictions. :twofinger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
cookeetree said:
Sure, go right ahead! Good luck filling it; we're on water restrictions. :twofinger
Oh nuts...
Well, it will be a saltwater pool then, Ill get a bucket, and fill it from the ocean:p

...I mught be around for a couple extra months... :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Firefox said:
...Well, it will be a saltwater pool then, Ill get a bucket, and fill it from the ocean...
You know I live in the country, don't you??? :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
cookeetree said:
You know I live in the country, don't you??? :laughing:
Aww! were screwed! ...maby Ill just stay here and freze instead.:dunno:



Speaking of Aus., have you seen "The Gods must be Crazy?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Firefox said:
Aww! were screwed! ...maby Ill just stay here and freze instead.:dunno:



Speaking of Aus., have you seen "The Gods must be Crazy?"
We'll be putting a spa on the deck when we get some spare cash. Hopefully that'll be by Chrissie.

I saw Gods... when I was in High School (many moons ago). That was set in Africa, though. What's that got to do with Aus???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
cookeetree said:
We'll be putting a spa on the deck when we get some spare cash. Hopefully that'll be by Chrissie.

I saw Gods... when I was in High School (many moons ago). That was set in Africa, though. What's that got to do with Aus???
I donno, I must be on crack.
lol :dunno:
Africa, Austrailia, they both star with A and are really hot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Firefox said:
I donno, I must be on crack.
lol :dunno:
Africa, Austrailia, they both star with A and are really hot.
And look, they both end in 'A', too! And they each contain and 'r' and and 'i'!!!

Woooooooooo, spoooooooky.... :twofinger

Pass the pipe, will ya?! :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
cookeetree said:
And look, they both end in 'A', too! And they each contain and 'r' and and 'i'!!!

Woooooooooo, spoooooooky.... :twofinger

Pass the pipe, will ya?! :laughing:
:laughing: :laughing: Hold on a sec, a lil more and Ill have a conspiracy theory going!:p
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top