Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Ninja 650 has developed a 7 inch round impression up by the scoop. Its started out small and i thought maybe a car door hit me while parked somewhere. The middle of the dent is where the inside mount screws to the bike. Looks to me like the metal is getting pretty hot behind there. The bike is 3 months old and i am pissed. Anyone have this problem? Would Kawi cover a replacement fairing? There is another impression starting towards the bottom. :cussing;

Only on the right side, the left side is fine.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Like the others----take it to the dealer & better still the dealer your bought the bike from or at least take along your bill of sale. Obviously this is a flaw on your bike only or a flaw on many of them which will make it a Factory Recall to be sent out to others. Things like that have happend to some of the Big Four Jpn makers to even Italian, German, Spanish, to British m/cs.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I am glad to hear about them ordering the side, & if from the dealer that you bought the bike they will install it as well for that will be under the warantee that Kawasaki have on the dealers. Even if another Kawasaki dealer it will still be under their job as a Kawasaki dealer.

When my Honda 929 clutch was screwy it took a while to get them to admit it North American side to possible world wide. Still the Honda dealer folded up & the Honda dealer that took over did the installing of a new clutch & another small job as well, that was a factory "recall" bit of the year 2000. I could have taken the bike to ANY Honda dealer in North America. Proof that the Jpn makers stand up to their products

Had you bought a m/c from Korea or especially China you would have been still sending letters with no results.

·
Registered
36 Posts
my speed4 started missing,then would clear up.I had it at the dealer 3 times. they pulled the computer,fuel pump,injectors,all kinds of shit.I was getting ready to go hit the dragon,and was getting pissed.I asked,told,and demanded that they pull the s.plugs on it.after 2weeks they found the problem..bad plug.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
jd---so now you know some of the so called m/c mecanics are on the dumb side. In our shops we had a few try to get in & even as grease monkies we let them go, for we never could tell how dim witted they were or wanting to do it their way rather then listen to our suggestions as experienced mechanics & or dealers.

So the trick is to try & find out how the so called mechanic or head mechanic is, through what the shop says AND others that mention said work. I would rather have a slow, but steady mechanic doing the work on customers bikes or my bike THEN someone that was super fast & often made errors.

·
Registered
36 Posts
yeah smitty,but 2 weeks to find a miss?thats the first thing you and everybody in the world (that knows what side of the hammer to use)should check 1st.the problem with this guy is ego...how dare a customer tell me what to do attitude.I should of fixed it myself,but thats what warrantys are for.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the bike back and it is noticeably quieter than before. Along with the warped side piece there was some buzz issues around 3300 rpm they seems to have been fixed. My guess is they screwed up more than just the heat shielding and fixed it as they took the old plastics off. Nothing is ever done right the first time at this place.

Rides quiet and the bike looks new again, so i am happy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts