Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i just found this site so, hi everyone. heres a pic of my lightning

she's a looker and a runner. not much for taking on the posers on the strip but ive never been left behind on the twisties. it is about time for a new ride, not sure what to get yet, im eyeballing the tt600 though.

S

·
0 Posts
Sup Orchid!

Love the buells man!, Yours is sweet too. Just tell me its polished and not chrome !! :D

P.S I hate that style of seat, the new M2 and X1 I think have the fat soft seat........

·
Registered
189 Posts
SWEET

Man, that is awesome. I hate to say it but I love a harley. I missed a chance to test ride a Buell last summer and kick myself in the pants for it. They sound awesome and look great. How's the handling, decent or are you just crazy enough to try and keep up?;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys, yes that is chrome (i got tired of polishing the alum, ya ya i get ribbed all the time about the heat and the weight ect....) i know that a harley push rod v twin is no match for a modern 600 i4 so i didnt figure my performance loss would be too signifigant. it handles very well on the road i can hang with just about anyone ive ridden with (the riding position is a little more upright that a true sportbike, kinda like a 90 horse dirtbike), the track is another story though. the lean angles arent the greatest and i was always conscious about dragging the foot pegs and laying it down, powers well out of corners but gets reeled in and passed very quickly on a straightaway.

as for the seat , the reason i got this model is for that waspy tail section. i looked at the x1 and cyclone but i just loved the look of the s1. she's no good for long hauls, i assure you.

with roughly 90 hp its not a burner by any means, but the 75-80 some odd ft lbs of torque is the ticket.

after every ride it gets harder for me to switch to a 4 cyl, i might give the tl1000r a look. i would like something that makes power in a similiar manner (more though) that i can run on the track without being preoccupied with the thought of dumping it.

its hard to describe the ride but even the demo days dont quite cut it. in order to have fun on one of these you gotta hammer it (they probobly wont let you see what it got on a demo ride)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yeah Buells are more along the lines of Ducati Monsters and 900 SS than true sportbikes but down in the power zone where most of us stay 90 % of the time they are just right!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts