Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is a shot of my race bike. The RC has been converted.

Mods are:

-all that emissions crap gone(the ozone can kiss my ass, global warming rules).
-same Micron race slip-ons.
-Penske rear shock.
-preload spacers added to forks as per GMD Computrac suggestion.
-stainless brakelines(previously done).
-Multi-tech race bodywork.
-shortened line and relocated rear brake reservoir.
-CFM rearsets.
-Vortex Clipons.
-Afam front and rear sprockets(15/41).
-removed stock undertray and fabbed and aluminum one.
-intuitive frame sliders added.
-made new coolant overflow/reservoir and relocated to headlight area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Tristan said:
You bastard! How dare you be farther along than me! It looks good, when's the first race?

Race? Who said anything about racing? That suckers going above John's fireplace!


John, looks really good man. Looks like you did a good job on the paint. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tristan said:
You bastard! How dare you be farther along than me! It looks good, when's the first race?
:p

I just wish I had that painting setup you have. My paint job looks like a racing paint job. :(

First race is at Roebling next weekend. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VFRSQUID said:



Race? Who said anything about racing? That suckers going above John's fireplace!


John, looks really good man. Looks like you did a good job on the paint. :)
I just looks good from afar. ;)

I really had trouble with the clearcoat oh and the base coat. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,230 Posts
Looks good John! I have to get out and see you guys at a race. Any this summer where you'll all be running?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
John,

Do the RC51's come with stock steering dampers?

How does the suspension refinement process go? Is the setup you have on it now supposed to be just an educated start point... or pretty much of a finished product? I was thinking of just BS'ing some with the Traxxion guys at Roebling to see what their capabilities are (and how much $$ it costs).

Also, that picture helps. I should have no problem spotting that bike... with or without the anchor. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Joss said:
John,

Do the RC51's come with stock steering dampers?

How does the suspension refinement process go? Is the setup you have on it now supposed to be just an educated start point... or pretty much of a finished product? I was thinking of just BS'ing some with the Traxxion guys at Roebling to see what their capabilities are (and how much $$ it costs).

Also, that picture helps. I should have no problem spotting that bike... with or without the anchor. :p
RC-51s don't come with dampers. I have one on order and the damn thing had better get here in a hurry. :mad:

My forks are set up IAW suggestions from Kent at Computrac and the Penske shock has a spring(or two :D ) on it that is suppose to be good for my weight. The spring came from Traxxion Dynamics. I have new fork springs from Traxxion but I'm going to go with Kent first since I've dealt with him quite a bit over the last 4 seasons at AMA races(read: I trust him more). I haven't even set the sag on the bike yet so there really has been nothing much done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
865 Posts
RCjohn said:


:p

I just wish I had that painting setup you have. My paint job looks like a racing paint job. :(

First race is at Roebling next weekend. :cool:
MIne hardly even looks good enough to be called a
"racing paint job"....lol


BIKE LOOKS GREAT!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,166 Posts
I agree, that think looks sweet! I guess I need to get a picture and make my little post too!

Isn't this cute. All us newbies are all giddy with excitement like a 13 yo about to get our first kiss from the guy we have a crush on! Makes me feel all funny in my tummy!

I have to spray some clear coat, but will try to get a picture up in the next 2 days with my own little update post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
865 Posts
funksouljon said:


Isn't this cute. All us newbies are all giddy with excitement like a 13 yo about to get our first kiss from the guy we have a crush on! Makes me feel all funny in my tummy!

.
Uhhh, John,

I dont know about you, but, I never had a crush on a guy...not at 13 or ever.....;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
865 Posts
funksouljon said:
I said like, implying a common feature. That was the extent of the similarity. I can't say I have ever wanted to kiss a guy. Except Brad Pitt, he's a hottie! :D
You know you could have said like having a crush on a "GIRL" for
a long time.....how does that closet look from the inside???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Uhm, I think im going to be moving out soon, after that 13 year old boy comment....I dont feel comfortable without locks on my door!

RC: I think you made a great choice getting rid of that stock, doggy, RC-51 you had and trading it in on that super smooth black machine. Too bad you didnt have that bike at the Smackdown. :D I guess now you'll be worth taking a picture of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SquirrelMaster said:


RC: I think you made a great choice getting rid of that stock, doggy, RC-51 you had and trading it in on that super smooth black machine. Too bad you didnt have that bike at the Smackdown. :D I guess now you'll be worth taking a picture of.
Look Dipshit, that is the same bike I had at the Smackdown. I just painted it black for that Gothic look. I heard you might be coming to Roebling Road with your freaky friends and I didn't want any bright colors to mess up their rebellion. :D :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,230 Posts
RCjohn said:

I didn't want any bright colors to mess up their rebellion. :D :p
Gheez... that's funny!:D

Squirrel, are you gonna' bring a bike this year? I had a good time with everybody there and I sure hope we can do it again.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top