Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of photos of my new ride with a few mods and more to come to say it is quick is an understatement!
comments very welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2nd picture

Second Picture!

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pictures

DOH! wrong number same picture!

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
East meets West

My other ride different but very much the same surprisingly!

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Mine's faster.

Actually, I have a question - can you keep the fans with the Akro full exhaust? I've heard conflicting reports.

cdma2k

·
Registered
427 Posts
If you ever want to give your bike away, let me know, I'll take it off your hands:twofinger

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cdma2k, I am not sure what system you are talking about as the one on my bike is a full Ti Race System but their are no issues with the fans to my knowledge, uses large bore Hydro formed pipes a real work of art to look at with the fairings off!

Ninja you have no idea how many times I have had that offer thanks, but no thanks :D :D

Falcon I have achieved my objective :D :D he who dies with the best toys wins! ( just not quite ready to go yet ) I will post some more pics when the rear is finished and some shots of my zx9R when they have finished building it as a Track only ride.

Safe Rides!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Kawasaki is sold out of ZX10's (at least in U.S.) for the rest of the year.

·
Registered
316 Posts
:) you know I heard that same report of the 10 - R's being sold old, I also heard there were alot of noobs out there buying them up !!

Ohh well time to start shopping at the insurance auctions :D I'll have a ZX-10R by next year gauranteed :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fuster plenty of 10's in OZ especially in Orange don't sell to well apparently don't know why I think its the next best to the Green!

Marv I assume the noob remark refers to newbies that have no business on bikes like these first off, we all believe we are better than we actually are 10 feet tall and bullet proof! I unfortunately have seen the results of inexperience all to often.

Safe Rides!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Garry said:
Marv I assume the noob remark refers to newbies that have no business on bikes like these first off, we all believe we are better than we actually are 10 feet tall and bullet proof! I unfortunately have seen the results of inexperience all to often.

Safe Rides!
"Wetnose" logic: buy a hot sport bike, and I will be a super bad rider! "Instant" success, just like fast food, pharmaceutical enhancement, booze, crank, cigarettes, etc.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Very nice bike Garry :cool:

I'm looking to pick one up this winter for next year.
Can't wait :burnout: I have my lady's approval.

She likes the bike because it's green and has a back seat :D :p :)

So I have to get a green one even if the orange ones are easy to find. :)

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

I want one. really I do. I'm not just saying that. I really do want one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Vash, man lighten up before you Bust a GUT! I was just like you when I started this project........Noooo correction Still am! does it to me every time I see it.
Drei, thanks for the compliment the photo's don't do it justice looks 10 X's better in the flesh and that exhaust note and the 2ft blue flame out the exhaust quite tasty it is currently running VP50 fuel....priceless.
fuster, been riding for 38 years still class myself as a learner but make that a fast learner :D :D

Got some more things happening next week so I will update the photo section, did I mention that the work of art called the front wheel has to be replaced lucky Kawi have come to the party on the polishing Ti plating and laser engraving.

Safe Rides!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
falconeight said:
This is why orange doesn't sale we'll...:D
I love the tail section on that bike, minus the factory fender.:thumb:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Upgrades in Progress

Still working on the beast but after my last track day the bike for me is lacking in the brake department a few quick laps and the lever is back to the bar! So I have ordered a 16mm Brembo Radial master Cylinder and a full set of Braking full floating wave rotors with fren Gold pads and this should do the trick:D :D

Having a little bit of a handling problem with raging tank slappers with no warning but only on the road so this needs sorting quick before it kills me :crying: Three close shaves so far and the last one was so bad had no brakes at all when I came to stop at a "T" intersection. The race boys seem to think it is associated with a change in caster causingthe shimmy?

May have to change the Ohlins shock spring for a lighter one to prevent the squat mid stroke and revalve the unit to suit, the new Dyno arrives soon and once I have it installed we will be able to finally map the bike and get some numbers.

I will update my site with photos when it is all fitted.

safe rides.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts