Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am new to the forum. My name is Charlie.

I am going to buy a sportbike, mainly for me to ride to school. I am looking for a bike that can smoke some red light contenders, and still give me a good mileage.:) Does anyone here reccommend me somthin'.

Thanks to you in advance.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Riding experience would be a good place to start... But I will warn you... You will want to search through the new rider section before posting too much. We have been overrun lately by new riders asking about 600cc+ supersports. I am trying to refrain from jumping to conclusions (for once) but you are asking about a bike for racing people from redlights... and you are asking it in the new rider section.

So like I said... take a few minutes and read some of the other threads in this section. Sit back, take a breath, and think about what it is you are trying to find out. Once you've decided, start your next post with some more info about you. Riding experience and your plans for training and gear is a great place to start.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
A ninja 250R has enough performance to smoke most of the stuff you're gonna come up against in your daily commute. That's where my vote's going.

And welcome! :cheers:

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
A ninja 250R has enough performance to smoke most of the stuff you're gonna come up against in your daily commute. That's where my vote's going.

And welcome! :cheers:
Ditto.

Welcome :cheers:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. I'm looking for a new 600cc sportbike which should I get?
I'm between the Honda 600RR and the Yamaha R6 and the Kawasaki ZX-6?
Which has the best handling, acceleration? Thanks.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Run, run fast.

·
Registered
338 Posts
RydeAddict has some good advice cuse your fixin' for a lickin'

That said there's no reason why I can't start: 600RR, R6, and the ZX-6R all handle the same when your picking it up after you crash or drop it :laughing:

·
Registered
867 Posts
RydeAddict has some good advice cuse your fixin' for a lickin'

That said there's no reason why I can't start: 600RR, R6, and the ZX-6R all handle the same when your picking it up after you crash or drop it :laughing:
LMAO :laughing:

·
Registered
659 Posts
What kind of car do you drive? It will affect my answer to this question.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What kind of car do you drive? It will affect my answer to this question.
I don't have a car. I perfectly know how to drive a car (standard and auto).

The Bike I will get will be my first licenced vehicle. I have never ridden a sport bike in my life. But I know where all the egronomics are located in a bike and which to use and when. ( I know that Knowing somthing and actually doing somthing is very diffrent but..............

I started ridin a three wheeler when I was six years old, so I am pretty freindly with knowing the limits of any machine. I also have numourus amounts of four wheelers.

I know that all the saftey rules apply for both machines.
Being.. Safety 1st!(I take this very seriously)
Then I get comftalbe with whatever new I start ridin. For a long time.

And no I not like those other guys , that ride the bike for a while then they think they know how to use it and they pin the throttle!

I learn everything first,Including reading all the Manual 1st before ridin the bike. I am pretty confident that if I take this seriously I will succed as a 600cc bike for my first bike. Do yall think the same way? Thanks,charlie.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
You're going to be getting on a machine that has a higher power-to-weight ratio than most exotic cars. It doesn't care if you're just learning, or a motogp rider. It will treat you with no respect, and any small error that you make will be amplified by a factor of 10. If you're lucky, you'll be able to walk away from the crash and only have to replace some plastic. If you're unlucky, your family will be asked to identify the remains.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
...Safety 1st!(I take this very seriously)...
Then buy a LEARNER BIKE, d*ckhead!

You know, I saw your username and thought, "Wow, a new rider who's gone and bought a 500 to learn on. Good stuff!"

Then I read your posts...

As far as I'm concerned, you're one of two things; a squid or a troll. Either way, you're a moron. :loser:

(I've really gotta stop opening these "first bike" threads...)

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Then buy a LEARNER BIKE, d*ckhead!

YYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol I should have actually left my first post. It was something along the lines of " I'll bring your mother flowers and try explaining to her why you died. It will go something like 'we tried to tell him not to get a 600, but he was just too dumb..."

1 - 20 of 54 Posts