Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after driving 75 miles a day for the past 2 weeks in my 94 Pontiac van, I came to one conclusion: 24 MPG just wasn't cuttin' it. So I went searching for something REALLY good on gas. Couldn't find anything that got really good mileage at a reasonable price. The Prius was out of the question. 20 thousand? I don't think so. Only the Toyota Echo got good mileage...41MPG, but with gas as expensive as it is and the amount of miles I travel every day, I had to go HARD-CORE. It had to be easy to work on and C-H-E-A-P to own.
I have 84k on my current one (that my wife drives)and I think it's just starting to break in. I went with the stick and the smaller engine this time, for killer gas mileage. I only drive highway to and from work. This one has 88k on the clock, new exhaust, new tires, no rust, no dings or scratches, and doesn't smoke or burn oil. I did a carfax report and it was a single owner car from Arizona. The woman moved to New Hampshire and traded it in. Gonna pick her up on Saturday morning. I can't wait to see what kind of gas mileage I get. It's supposed to get 50+ on the highway. Here she is... I need a vanity plate that says: "JST1LTR" :)

Attachments

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Well, if you ever run out of gas, you can carry it to the gas station!

:D

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
jimmyjr said:
Well, after driving 75 miles a day for the past 2 weeks in my 94 Pontiac van, I came to one conclusion: 24 MPG just wasn't cuttin' it. So I went searching for something REALLY good on gas. Couldn't find anything that got really good mileage at a reasonable price. The Prius was out of the question. 20 thousand? I don't think so. Only the Toyota Echo got good mileage...41MPG, but with gas as expensive as it is and the amount of miles I travel every day, I had to go HARD-CORE. It had to be easy to work on and C-H-E-A-P to own.
I have 84k on my current one (that my wife drives)and I think it's just starting to break in. I went with the stick and the smaller engine this time, for killer gas mileage. I only drive highway to and from work. This one has 88k on the clock, new exhaust, new tires, no rust, no dings or scratches, and doesn't smoke or burn oil. I did a carfax report and it was a single owner car from Arizona. The woman moved to New Hampshire and traded it in. Gonna pick her up on Saturday morning. I can't wait to see what kind of gas mileage I get. It's supposed to get 50+ on the highway. Here she is... I need a vanity plate that says: "JST1LTR" :)
I really need to get something like that.........

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Oh, I thought you got a new girlfriend. :D

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
The ugly of the car is offset by the mpg. Good choice IMO

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
It's really an OK car. You can always bling bling it with spinners. :

<I never used "bling bling" until SBW :rolleyes: >

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I think I would shit can those hubcaps.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
DaDuck748 said:
Your right.....Im an ass.......Im saweeeeee:D

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But the hubcaps make it pimpin', my nizzle.. ;-)

and yes, chains are mandatory winter accessories...

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
jimmyjr said:
But the hubcaps make it pimpin', my nizzle.. ;-)

and yes, chains are mandatory winter accessories...
:laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Kevlar7R said:
You should put on WIDE snow tires, absolutely the biggest tire it will take. Heck, even shave the fenders so they'll fit.

If you can find a way to do it easily, lift it.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Could you imagine that shit raised about 30" off the ground!?!?

People make fun of me all the time for having a Civic, but for 30-40 MPG they can suck my big fat boom stick.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Have you seen the Hydrogen cars? In the news, Washington DC has the first Shell (I think) gas station with Regular gas, and a Hydrogen pump. I don't know what these cars costs but the money you'd save would be sweet. You could save a lot of money.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well,

I picked up the car and it's killer!! Even needing a new airfilter and tune-up, I got 50 MPG on the ride home I was flogging it the whole ride back, too..... Went 376 miles on exactly 7.5 gallons. I can't wait to give it a real tune-up, adjust the valves , and pop in a K&N air filter. I bet it'll go up to like 55mpg.... Too cool. BTW, I was doin 75-80mph the whole way back. The 5 speed is nice and so is the manual steering. LOTS of road feel, without any shimmy whatsoever... Starts RIGHT up too. I love it!!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
YZFr6-TX said:
Have you seen the Hydrogen cars? In the news, Washington DC has the first Shell (I think) gas station with Regular gas, and a Hydrogen pump. I don't know what these cars costs but the money you'd save would be sweet. You could save a lot of money.
Doesn't Honda have that ugly ass hybrid car where the rear wheels are half covered by plastic or something? If you saw it, you'd know what the hell I was talking about because it's the ugliest thing ever.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Slip-On Rapist said:
Doesn't Honda have that ugly ass hybrid car where the rear wheels are half covered by plastic or something? If you saw it, you'd know what the hell I was talking about because it's the ugliest thing ever.
I know exactly what you are talking about, that thing is a disgrace for the manufacturer in the cosmetics dept. Just wait, it wont be long before we are all flying to work "Fifth Element" style:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts