Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found it on eBay last thursday sitting with 20 minutes to go @ $2950. Waiting until about 6 minutes and bid to 3250. The last 4 minutes (as usual) went to 3900. So I lost.

Seller couldn't contact high bidder. 2 days later he offered top 4 high bidders second chance. I was first and bought it now for my 3250.

It's an 02 r6 with 6200 miles. It's been down with frame sliders on it and needs some work. I wouldn't have bought a down bike sight unseen but he brought it to a shop and they checked EVERYTHING. everything is true and straight with the exception of a slight bend in the rear rim. He spent over $600 on anything and everything that needed worked. brand new front tire, all new brakes, one new caliper. carbs cleaned, rejetting blah blah. showed me the receipts, and I was actually 2 hours early to pick it up and they were still working on it and I got to talk with the mechanics. Oh, and clear title of course. WOuldn't buy salvage.

Here's a pic, I'm pretty stoked.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
You lucky bastard.:twofinger
Thats a sexy bike and it sounds like everything checks out from what you said. 6200 miles is amazing for that bike being 4 years old. Thats like 1500 miles a year!

Congrats man and please ride that beauty very carefully(but quickly:squid: ).

matrixman

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

Holy smokes, it's snowing in that section of Pennsylvania already! Looks like you'll need to wait a few weeks to ride!

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
633 Posts
Nice ride, I have the 02 R1 same color and love it. Be safe.

Whoa, looks like its got a bit of an oil leak...j/k:twofinger

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I'm pretty happy so far. I took it out for about a 5 mile spin the other day... definetly a different ride than my katana last year.

One thing I did notice though was that riding out the bumpy gravel driveway the windshield and nose fairing was bouncing around a lot. The seller told me it had a broken headlight mount but I'm not really sure what that is and wasn't too concerned as they seemed very sturdy and both work fine.
But I did notice that it appears to be missing two little pieces in front of the tank. Maybe this is the headlight mount, I don't know.

I circled them in a picture I found on here. Anyone know what these plastic pieces are called so I can ebay them up?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
That is not a headlight mount. On most bikes, the headlight is housed directly on the front faring with support sockets on the upper stay bar/bracket. Then the front faring bolts directly on the upper stay bar/bracket and screws to the side farings.

What you have highlighted is a plastic piece that covers the front ram air duct pieces. What you should do is unbolt your side farings and front farings to take a look at the headlight mounts (usually directly on the headlight made out of plastic) and where it fits into the support sockets on the upper stay bar/bracket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts