Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Aprilia really is the dogs B*ll*cks now:

I own an RS 250 *2000* *Harada* Model
I have just dyno run the little rocket and it kicks out 70bhp, 10bhp up from standard.

I have recently purchased an Arrow race exhaust system £500 and treated the bike to a Renthals Sprocket and Chain (£110) to lower the gearing slighty, to increase accleration. It now will hit 135 MPH (approx) in top gear :). The bike did not need rejetting either because of the quality airbox and carburation as standard. The bikes brakes were also upgraded to braided hoses(£250). This road bike is now as close as you can get to any race bike being run by Aprilia UK so i'm told by one of their guys!

------------------
0-60 in 3.4 secs Officer:)
====================
'00' RS250 {Present}
'99' RS125
'88' NSR250

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
maybe some day we'll have street-legal two strokes again.

i doubt it, but one can dream.

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black
88 FZR400-krylon black
94 CBR600F2--sold

·
Registered
328 Posts
Tell you what, Robert...

If you change my Member Status to something like, say, "Supreme Racer God", I'll let you ride mine one of these days!

HEE HEE! :D :D :D

------------------
I'm not joking. And don't call me Shirley.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AZ Scott:
Tell you what, Robert...

If you change my Member Status to something like, say, "Supreme Racer God", I'll let you ride mine one of these days!

HEE HEE! :D :D :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

robert can you add incredibly modest to that also? :D

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black
88 FZR400-krylon black
94 CBR600F2--sold

[This message has been edited by cbrf2boy (edited June 27, 2000).]

·
Registered
503 Posts
lucky bast*rd.. i want a 2-stroke for the street... if i loose my license it will come true.. an aprillia 50cc what ever that thing is. i knew a guy that used to bolt brake lights, turn signals, mirrors, & a license plate to a tz250 & ride on the street.. never got caught when i knew him.

------------------

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Question! You guys in the States dont have Street Legal 2 Strokes?. Are they only owned for track use only?. However i do beleive Aprilia has just started to import both the RS250 and some of their Scooter Range to the States!
Unlucky for some :) I think i'm only gonna keep mine till the 3yr warranty runs out then I think it'll be an R6, or the best 600 at that time!

------------------
====================
'00' RS250 {Present}
'99' RS125
'88' NSR250

·
Registered
503 Posts
nope, 2-strokes wont pass our emissions tests.. and in california i believe they are begining to even outlaw 2-stroke dirt bikes.

we do have some 2 stroke street bikes.. like the 50cc aprillia.. they consider them mopeds & most places u dont need a license or insurance.

------------------

[This message has been edited by SpeedPhreak (edited June 27, 2000).]

·
Registered
16 Posts
nope, no street-trim rs250's in the US yet or prolly ever. only the rs250 challenge race bike is available in the states. i'm buying one to race in ccs next season. i can get one for ~$6000 (USD). woohoo.

hey, allan. how much does your rs250 weigh? the rs250 challenge is 295 lbs stock and makes about 59 hp. i want to get it down to 250 lbs dry. the tz250's will kick my ass.

------------------

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think it weighs approx 141 kg. 1kg lighter than the 125. However I think this is the dry weight and i'm not too sure what that is in Lbs. I'll look in the manual and re-post tomorrow!

------------------
====================
'00' RS250 {Present}
'99' RS125
'88' NSR250

1 - 15 of 15 Posts