Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought the day would come when my girlfriend would come out and tell me she was thinking about getting a bike of her own!!

I thought she was going to break up with me when I told her I was getting my first one about 6 months ago. Now that I am an avid rider, and she has ridden with me a few times between her house and campus, she has gotten alot more comfortable on the bike and feels alot safer being around them.

I want to make sure that she takes the Safety Course, but other than that, what kind of bike do you recommend that I start her out on? I know she is into sport bikes...not cruisers. Any and all suggestions are welcome!!!!! I am sooooo damn excited!!!!

Chris Morrison
Texas A&M University '02

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
After she passes the course, (this is a great place to try different entry level bikes) I suggest she picks one that she is totally comfortable on, used is ideal. Then hone all the basic skills she'll need to make the move up to a more powerful machine. During this period, she will really get somes good ideas for the selection of it.;)

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
How tall is she and is?

The Suzuki SV650 is a very good bike to learn on and not quickly outgrown. If she is a dainty little cheerleader type then she may want something a little smaller(physically smaller). The Kawasaki Ninja 250 is a good fully faired starter bike that can be fun for a long time too.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
RCjohn said:
How tall is she and is her weight?
The Suzuki SV650 is a very good bike to learn on and not quickly outgrown. If she is a dainty little cheerleader type then we'll need to see some pictures (preferably with friends and toys). The Kawasaki Ninja 250 is a good fully faired starter bike that can be fun for a long time too.
RC you sick bastard!

·
Registered
194 Posts
RCjohn said:
How tall is she and is?

The Suzuki SV650 is a very good bike to learn on and not quickly outgrown. If she is a dainty little cheerleader type then she may want something a little smaller(physically smaller). The Kawasaki Ninja 250 is a good fully faired starter bike that can be fun for a long time too.
I think most MSF courses use 250cc bikes for their classes. It is definately a good idea to get her to take the course. Might be fun for you to take it with her :) The Ninja 250 is a really good bike to start on (builds confidence quickly) and the Ninja 500 is another good starter. Both of these bikes have lower seat heights (if she's a dainty little cheerleader type :rolleyes: :D ) and are fairly light-weight. The GS500 is another possiblity (no fairing to damage if dropped). Good luck :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts