Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good buddy of mine said that there are 2 types of riders. Those who haven't crashed, and those who are going to. I just fell into the latter the other day. I just put a brand new back tire on. It was such a beautiful day on Saturday here in South Georgia, so I decided to take it around the block a couple times. I didn't want to burn out the back tire, because we live on a military installation and there are a bunch of pricks around my house that would tell someone. So I decided to take it pretty slow and be VERY careful so I wouldn't lose traction. Well, that's exactly what happened coasting around a right hand turn. The back tire broke loose and the back end swung around and before I could stabalize the bike, the tire caught the ground again and threw all the weight the other way. Well, my foot was on the ground, and when the weight came over, I lost my footing and the bike basically decided that it wanted to throw me off of it. So I hit the ground and rolled a couple times and got up was cussing up a storm. So I picked the bike up, parked it in a friend's driveway, and ran all the way home so I could call someone to bring a trailer. Meanwhile, I didn't know I had a sprained ankle, so when the adrenaline came down, needless to say, it stung just a little. The miraculous thing is that the bike is virtually ok! The only things wrong with it(from what I can tell) are I need a new mirror, new rear set, new clutch lever, and possibly a new tail fairing. If I didn't have my frame sliders on there, it would've been 10 times worse. My side fairing didn't have one single scratch on it. Well, that's my story...probably not NEARLY as bad as some of your stories, but I figure, what the hell, it was my first time, and it was very gentle. ;)

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
Glad to hear you came out of it just about unhurt, and that the damage to your bike is cosmetic. :thumbs2:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Unfortunately many of us have been in the same boot. Thankfully that is all there was to it & fortunately you have frame savers on the bike.

I do not know if it was this m/c board or another, but one regular mentioned a cleaner that will take off the grease of our tyres. If I find it on another board then I will bring the trade name here OTHERWISE it is somewhere on this board within the past two days.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
"Dropping bikes due to conditions" & go to one of the latter parts where James tells about the solvent in mind. Which I do not have yet, for it will be 2 to 3 weeks before I can get any of my bikes out & new tyres a bit later on-----so not in a rush to obtain said solvent.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
They say everyone wrecks, glad to hear yours was slow and not damaging. I wrecked going down my driveway at the end of last riding season, and I hope it counts as "my wreck".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts