Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to my first trackday April 1st. I'm in the process of getting all my stuff on the bike setup, and I have my suit, gauntlets, boots, etc.

I was just informed that in addition to the ridiculous amount of money I've already spent, i also need a spine/back protector. I'm reluctant to buy one of these, since I really dont even have another 100 bucks to drop on anything.

Does anyone have one, and would be willing to lend it to me for the weekend? If its a sized one, I need something in the medium/small range. I'm 125 lbs, and I wear a size 28 - 29 pant.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
No offense but if you cannot afford a back protector right now...maybe you shuld not be doing the track day....have you thought about the possible consequences of a trackday?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Judge said:
No offense but if you cannot afford a back protector right now...maybe you shuld not be doing the track day....have you thought about the possible consequences of a trackday?
yea, I have. It is a track school though...

·
I like my bike like I like my girl - Nekkid
1,142 Posts
Hey u doing the one with team chicago? Ill be there, you signed up for group 5 correct? cause all other groups require back protector.

Let me know, ill be there.

-Nick

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
xdbx said:
I'm going to my first trackday April 1st. I'm in the process of getting all my stuff on the bike setup, and I have my suit, gauntlets, boots, etc.

I was just informed that in addition to the ridiculous amount of money I've already spent, i also need a spine/back protector. I'm reluctant to buy one of these, since I really dont even have another 100 bucks to drop on anything.

Does anyone have one, and would be willing to lend it to me for the weekend? If its a sized one, I need something in the medium/small range. I'm 125 lbs, and I wear a size 28 - 29 pant.
Ebay

·
Registered
185 Posts
The team Chicago guys will not check for your back protector (or at least they havenot in the past) but its not smart to ride the track with out on.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found out about team chicago through wide open sportbikes.

I signed up for group 3.. where's flip f4i, I know he has one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
you can get a pretty nice one on ebay really cheap. Less than 50 bucks shipped for sure. Weather doesn't look so bad. See ya April 1st!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am planning to be out there with Team Chicago... I can't wait. It's been too long...
See you guys there. I have a Silver SV650 with a Blue gad tank. Eye balls (i.e. headlamps) with "I" stickers from STT.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
almightys said:
Its part of your safety gear that only protects your spine from injury (you know that stick in your back that prevents you from using crutches and wheel chairs?)

if this is the only trackday you ever plan to do than borrow. If not, just buy it.

I dont know if I will continue ot do trackdays, I'm trying to feel it out, hence I signed up for the school. I just find it frustrating because I have 2 shells of hard plastic and foam in the suit already.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
xdbx said:
I dont know if I will continue ot do trackdays, I'm trying to feel it out, hence I signed up for the school. I just find it frustrating because I have 2 shells of hard plastic and foam in the suit already.
If your leathers have a built in back proctector then you don't need a strap on one ;)

(that's if the 2 shells of hard plastic you're referin to is in the back of your jacket :thumb:

E.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
DreamRyder said:
If your leathers have a built in back proctector then you don't need a strap on one ;)

(that's if the 2 shells of hard plastic you're referin to is in the back of your jacket :thumb:

E.
There goes Eunice and her strap on again :eek:

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
LuckyStrike said:
There goes Eunice and her strap on again :eek:
There goes Chris and his hijackin a thread in an attempt to derail it :twofinger

E.
when you two gonna come back out to the track anyways :confused:

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
DreamRyder said:
There goes Chris and his hijackin a thread in an attempt to derail it :twofinger

E.
when you two gonna come back out to the track anyways :confused:
Not anytime soon for me. I'm building my own track this summer in the back yard :p

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Just talked to Jim Sheldon and he said he has some back proctectors for sale yet...

Used - $ 40.00
New - $ 75.00

great shape for either condition... regular priced $ 125.00

If anyone interested send me an email to [email protected] and I'll forward your email on to Jim....

E.
Chris... you gettin a motard for your dirt track or just the 4 wheelers?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts