Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished up the story from my track day back in May. (Took me long enough to get around to finishing the story!)

Have a read. You can laugh, but please, no finger pointing!

Located in the TALES section of tz250racing.com. Or use this DIRECT LINK to the story.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
97 Posts
your trackday

Hey! Cool story! I wish someone would of done that for me the first time out on the track! Except mine would of been a bit humorous, my old 250 at PIR on the straights, looks like i was standing still..anways, i cant wait to read your next one, 2nd trackday! You are going to Fontana, right? See ya out there!

·
Registered
97 Posts
yep

Yep, i did see that..it made me smile, and i do remember that incident as well, i remember talking with you at the previous race or trackday, and asking you why you dont do a trackday..anyways, I knew it was your first trackday, and i didnt want to scare you on any turns or do something stupid myself, hell, its just a trackday, and no one wins! You did great! Im sure we will be having some fun this saturday! I cant wait! I will be on the CBR 600..the FZR is no longer...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Cool... ya, i saw you behind me going into turn three, and coming out of the turn i was gonna gas it and keep you behind me, but then i thought, "this isnt a race" and itd be better to let you by so i could focus on my OWN riding, not "staying in front".... it turned out to be a good decision and was the right attitude. I knew you were pulling faster laps than me anyway, so why hold you up? :)

I'll be in the intermediate group... dunno though.. thats the group that allows passing everywhere but the corners, and only on the outside... i dont really like that, but I just dont want to get into a group with a bunch of hyped up squids who only know how to work the throttle... there is an advanced group and then the fastest group... advanced group is passing allowed everywhere, fastest group is recommended for seasoned AMA/CCS types.

I think they have too many groups, personally, but i think they get alot of riders so who knows...
what do you think?

·
Registered
97 Posts
trackday

Yea, i think they have to many groups also..beginner, first timers i can understand, then the street guys, hmm..dont understand that one...then intermediate..i get that one, for those who have done trackdays before..and then the advanced..hmm..should be combined with the fast guys..but, like you said, there might be a lot of people, from what i hear CA has alot of riders..i dont mind getting passed, it teaches me to go faster and watch for new lines..i just wont like it to much if a squid cuts my line, it happened a couple times last trackday..sucks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to write the story. I enjoyed reading it and it definitely helped motivate me even more to try some track days for myself. Thanks again. BTW, nice bike.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts