Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like my other first time it didn't last long after getting it up. I took RoadStainR6's advice and slipped the clutch in 1st and goosed the throttle a little, all the while covering the brake. I did this in a vacant large parking lot at the local university NOT on a public road. I didn't have any cameras or friends around but I estimate that the front wheel lifted about 6-8 inches.

You guys (and gals) are right, it was a weird feeling but it came down in a predictable/controlled manner.

A small accomplishment I know, but it has relieved a hell of a lot of frustration. Again, like the other first time I was wearing protection. Thanks for the good advice and I can't wait to get back out there and try it some more.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Congrats! Now you gotta be careful not to let the addiction take over.. :laughing: I got pulled over for pulling the front end up on the 4th.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I think my problem was that I was too concerned with damaging the bike in the begining. I know that sounds stupid considering the potential for bodily injury, but once I reminded myself that it's only a machine and not a new-born baby I opened it up a bit more . . . and presto.

I doubt I'll be trying it in any gear other than 1st for a while.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I hear ya man. I'm still not entirely over the "don't want to fuck up my bike" feeling so that's why I just stick to wheelies. I want to get into the stunt scene but I'm going to wait until I get a new bike and can convert my F3 into a stunt bike.

·
Registered
489 Posts
haha "like my other first time" Good comparison man. Gave me a nice laugh. :D Good luck and keep it up. It's a blast. Congratulations on the whooooolie. Let the addiction begin!

~ the super :squid:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts