Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Great idea; trade it for a BEGINNER-FRIENDLY bike.

No, seriously.
Admittedly, that is a lot of bike for a first-time-ever rider. But I suppose what is done is done. Personally, I think that paint job is pretty cool- you can bet that the previous owner spent a lot of money on it. If you are going to repaint it, don't bother doing it until after you've laid the bike down. (which, as a beginner, you are bound to do)

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Yep. Trade that thing for a 250 or 500 to get started on. No need to kill yourself.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
You need to be comfortable with whatever bike or you won't ride it so I think you ought to simply fulfill that perspective, within reason. See New Rider sticky threads on suggestions for good starters, which, incidentally, will be much easier for you to touch your feet down with ;)

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Don't listen to the haters, the bike looks awesome

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Don't listen to the haters, the bike looks awesome
Who said anything bad about the bike? Most of the comments were simply about it being the wrong bike to learn on.

shrtbus, garage the CBR, buy a cheap beater and ride it for six months, then give it away and start riding the CBR.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this is her husband lol.. yeah i told her i was going to gear her fully up and put a stunt cage on it and let her go crazy in a parking lot haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts