Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got an Arai helmet last April. I have wanted an Arai for years and decided this year I had to have one. I’ve been busy this year so it has only seen about 2000 miles. Two weeks ago while cleaning my Arai; I noticed an area where the clear had begun to delaminate on the back of my helmet. I wouldn't have thought much of it but how often do you get a chip or ding on the back of your helmet? I picked at it a little and the clear kept coming.
Having been in the automotive paint industry for the last twenty years, I've seen this before. It is caused by many things, mainly by a failure in process, sometimes a failure of product.
What to do? I looked at the paper work that came with my helmet. I found, a snail mail address and a fax number that did not work. No phone number. I went to the web site. No phone number. No email address. Finally I took it back to the dealer I purchased it from (almost two hours away). They agreed that it appears to be a material issue and called Arai as I stood there. They got an answering machine. I asked for the number and made a couple of calls to Arai myself. The first two times I got the answering machine myself. The third time I called I got a body.

This is getting long so I will cut to the chase.
Arai received my helmet today (I called to confirm they had received it). They opened the box and made a decision right there.
Rob at Arai has decided that it is NORMAL for your clear to peel!!!

I'm a little disappointed in Arai's view of customer service and the thought of owning what was supposed to be the best helmet in the world. I love my helmet, but I don't know if I can continue to support a company that won't support their product.

I just thought you would like to know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Post a contact information and I will gladly call and tell them that if this is normal and they choose not to replace your helmet, I will no longer be able to purchase Arai helmets. I have a Renegade right now and am satisfied with it, but for the money I do not believe it is a better helmet than my HJC AC-10 or Shoei.

I'm sure a bunch of people on the message board would also sent then a shout.

-quikie

·
Registered
591 Posts
Why wait? BOYCOTT NOW!

apexismaximus said:
That's BS, new helmet or boycott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We really should be boycotting Arai already since they're trying to keep the prices of their helmets artificially high by eliminating mail order and 'Net sales!

·
Registered
860 Posts
i've been boycotting them for years. Oh wait...I just cant afford one....:finger: STUPID [email protected]#$% EXPENSIVE HELMETS..ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!! oops...I mean umm...ya...boycott Arai:confused: :( :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had 3 Arai and never a problem. I did crack my one vent, emailed the company and they sent a replacement for free. I would contact them again. The dealer should have helped you more. By the way i still buy my Arai on line at steep discounts. there out there if you look.

·
Registered
18 Posts
you should post this at esportbike.com under daily rant. You'd really get some guns in your corner then. just post thier e-mail and let the bullets fly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wouldn't take no for an answer. I'd just move up the chain of command. That's lousy customer service. They should repair or replace the product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts